Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Cannot open quicken 2016 deluxe after leaving it open days,

Customer Question

cannot open quicken 2016 deluxe after leaving it open for several days, not responding. Have restarted computer (PC running windows 10) several times and not responding.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know when you are available.

Make sure you have a backup of.your data before anything.

Then reinstall the software. It should do a repair of the installation.

If it doesn't work after that, let me know. I can tell you how to do an uninstall and a reinstall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this several times to no avail. There is a problem with my data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot open quicken. No one can figure it out. Please refund my payment. Will stay home and call quicken tomorrow.

You're welcome.

If you believe it's a problem with the data, you can either restore from a backup, or you can validate and repair the file from Quicken. Normally, a corrupt data file won't prevent Quicken from opening, though. In fact, you have to open Quicken to do the repair -

choose File menu > File Operations > Validate and Repair - See more at: http://www.quicken.com/support/help/HOW23623#sthash.NUrp47Q2.dpuf