Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

This is ***** *****. I have an ongoing problem with Crash

Customer Question

Hi This is ***** *****. I have an ongoing problem with Crash Catcher while using Quick Books. I can open QB, but now as I am trying to Receive Payments, Crash Catcher interrupts and closes QB.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm on a Mac laptop, running QB 2008, I just did an update to el capitan to see if that would help, but it didn't.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Reps generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is QB 2009, not 2008. The screen said an 8 minute wait, but it has been about 20 minutes.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

I am very sorry about the delay you have had. Do you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will try it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the above solution. It did not help the problem. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The advice did not help me. Thanks for the time and attention, but it did not give me a solution to the problem. Please do not charge me for the service as it did not solve my issue. Thanks though. I will try you again in the future.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, by the time you replied I was not online.

You will need to do a reinstall of Quickbooks.

Open Finder, go to Applications and drag QB to the Trash

Then restart the computer, install QB as you did when you first received it and it should then open.

Let me know please how you go