Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I am the office manager of a small business I have an actual…

Customer Question
I am the office...

I am the office manager of a small business I have an actual office and a home office. I would like to be able to have quickbooks file for my company on both computers

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Both are new computers with windows 10 and both have brand new versions of qb pro. The actual office has all of the information on it but the home office just has the qb program installed I'd like to be able to update on either computer and have that reflect on the other computer

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Financial Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/22/2016
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

probably the best way to do it would be to switch from qb pro to the qb online version

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/online/

That keeps all of your data on quickbooks cloud servers and you can log in from anywhere to use it.

Otherwise there are a few ways to do it with the desktop version but none of them are really great.

the easiest is to set up a remote access to the office computer and use the software on that computer from your home.

something like www.teamviewer.com or www.logmein.com work quite simply

or you can set up a vpn to your office and share the data that way, again utilizing a company file that is on a computer in the office

what you can NOT do. is use something like google drive or one drive to store the data and use it on both computers. while it might appear to work the constant syncing will cause corruption in the file sooner or later. Probably sooner.