Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have a file that I backed up with, but now I cannot open

Customer Question

I have a file that I backed up with, but now I cannot open it... document “A F Heckendorf Demolition Inc MACpro to office 02-16-16.qbmb” could not be opened. *** -[NSURL initFileURLWithPath:]: nil string parameter this is the error
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I created a back up yesterday prior to geek squad getting into my computer... usually the file automatically opens back up, but today it seems like I have to restore from the back up I created, but this is the error message I am getting.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Reps generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which version of Quickbooks you are running?

Thank you