Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Ginger, and I am having an issue with Quickbooks online.

Customer Question
Ginger, and I am...

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Mistakingly enough I deleted one of our employees paychecks from the second quarter of 2015 and I don't know how to enter it back into quickbooks to have the yearly W2 calculated correctly. I have already paid monthly and quarterly taxes on this amount and its correct. I just accidentally deleted it and need to put it back somehow.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Financial Software
Using Quickbooks Online - When processing payroll it only allows me to go back so far with the pay periods because it says I have already filed taxes for that pay period. I deleted paychecks that we already paid out to the employee from the second quarter. We have already paid the taxes on it as well, and everything is the same we just cant get it back in the system where the W2 and 4th quarter report will be correct.
1/23/2016
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

i did this a few days ago but i cant remember exactly where it is

it would be under employees and somewhere in there probably one more level down is

a selection for make payroll adjustments

in there you can put in all the deductions one per line and you can put the wage in one of the lines as well.

If you cant find it just let me know and i can look it up again or log in remotely and find it. But its in there someplace under the employee menu item about halfway down as i recall.

I cant seem to find it and I have had my business partner take a look as well and she cant seem to find it either. The checks that are deleted are from 4/30 to 7/31 and the quarter taxes and monthly taxes have already been paid. The checks were deleted and I need to somehow put the amounts back so the end of the year will be correct and I can print the W2's.

what version of quickbooks are you using ?

is is under

Employees > Payroll Taxes and Liabilities > Adjust Payroll Liabilities.

This page even has a video on how to do it.

http://payroll.intuit.com/support/kb/1000824.html

We use to have that version but they told us the online version would be easier. Here is the site we go to: http://quickbooks.intuit.com/ And we click on Quickbooks online and log in. Under subscriptions and account it says "Accounting Plus" Does this help any? We have paid the taxes for each quarter but now when going back in because those checks were deleted its showing a different amount. This is also going to mess up our end of year, fourth quarter and W2's that we are needing to send out. I have tried to google and search QB (Which doesn't help) and I have found nothing. I just need to be able to put the checks back that were deleted OR edit the most recent check to show that we have paid this employee the right amount of funds and deducted the right amount of deductions.

they lied about the online version being better.

It is "easier" because they dont have half the stuff in it that the desktop version has. And about 1/10th of the support.

Honestly, I dont know how to fix this. probably need a manual adjustment to the liability accounts.

I am going to opt out because at this point it gets over my head accounting wise.

I will put it back in the pool and hopefully somebody with more of a cpa type background can help you with it.

Thank you.