Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have quicken 14 (have had qucken 20 years). When i t the

Customer Question

I have quicken 14 (have had qucken for over 20 years). When i hit the quicken icon on my pc it isn't responding. It is not updating software- it is just not responding. My internet is working (i.e. turbo tax works as well as the search engines). What do I do?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

the easiest thing to try with a good chance of working is a system restore to a time when it was still working.

If that does not work just let me know and we can try a few other things. I can even log in remotely to fix it for you if you like

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 or 10

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.