Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Need help making sure Quicken backup is properly working. I

Customer Question

Need help making sure Quicken backup is properly working. I have spent over 3 hours trying to download the backup software. Not sure if the backup is being sent to the clouds.If I can backup all my files including quicken using carbonite, this may be the way to go.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

yes you can definitely back up quicken to carbonite

frankly my preference for backing up quicken is a simple flash drive that costs less than 10 bucks

Do NOT confuse the cloud storage that it uses for mobile devices for a backup. that is only to provide some information you can access on a phone or tablet. it is NOT a backup and you can not get your data back to quicken from that if you lose it on the computer.

if you pay for the quicken online backup you can check if it is being backed up by logging in at this webpage

https://www.backup.com/User/login2.aspx?vendorid=intqkn

you need your backup id and password ***** are not the same as the intuit id and password

if you right click on the online backup icon in the bottom right near the clock and select about it will give you the id

I can get you my phone number and even log in remotely to go over everything with you and make sure that it is backing up and that you know where it is backing up to and how to restore if needed. I am putting that up as an offer for additional services.