Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

My name is ***** *****... I did a payroll update and now

Customer Question
Customer: Hi my name is...
Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****... I did a payroll update and now withholdings will not compute. I have done all the things you have said and none are my problem. Subscription is active.. credit card is not expired... was working last pay period ...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We do our on payroll but update the tax tables. I ran the updates and when entering the payroll hours as normal.. the hours compute but no federal tax or FICA is withheld
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Financial Software Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Financial Software
12/22/2015
Tech Support Rep: Angie Russell, Bookkeeper replied 1 year ago
Angie Russell
Angie Russell, Bookkeeper

Hi, I'm Angie. I hope I can help you with your problem. What software are you using to do your payroll?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
QB PREMIER NONPROFITS 2013

Likely, what will need to be done is the payroll you started will need to be deleted completely. This may mean that you have to go into each check that you began and delete them or if you didn't get that far,you may need to edit your payroll schedule to get the update to apply. If you began payroll before the update, then realized you needed the update, QB will not apply it to the already started payroll. You may be able to get around this by clicking "unscheduled payroll" and doing a payroll that way, you will need to be sure to adjust the payroll ending date using this method. The next payroll you do normally should calculate the payroll correctly. If for some reason you can't get it to work that way, before payroll is begun next time, you can do the following:

Go to the area on your computer where your QB files are stored

In the search bar at the top right type in "paysub" (if you cannot find where the files are stored you can search the entire computer)

When Paysub appears, right click it, click "rename" rename it "paysub.old"

Then go back to your QB and begin payroll again.

Robert M., Consultant