Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Cant open file as it apparently in Read-only format. how do

Customer Question
I change it...
cant open file as it apparently in Read-only format. how do I change it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Financial Software
12/22/2015
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant

if you can locate the data file

right click on it and select properties

then

UNCHECK read only hidden system

but that may not be the actual problem. There may be something else that has the file open or you may not have the security rights to the file. or a few other things

if the above does not work you might try a system restore to an earlier time when you could open the file. Or if you want to spend a little bit more I can log in remotely and fix it for you while we talk on the phone.

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 or 10

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Robert M., Consultant