Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

We are a manufacturing company and years we haven't been

Customer Question

We are a manufacturing company and for 10 years we haven't been able to bill for 50% of our products without the qty also showing 50%, so if we have an order for 100 tables and we create an invoice for 50% of those tables, the invoice states that we are invoicing for 50 tables, any thoughts?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Angie Russell replied 1 year ago.

What billing software do you use?

This could make a difference. However, I would think that there should be a way of entering a new classification for the "due date" that would allow you to specify that 50% was due with invoice and the balance due net 30 after delivery or whatever your policy might be.

In programs like Quickbooks, you can bill the entire amount and include a separate line on the invoice to instruct that 50% of total bill is due upon receipt.

The method may be different depending on your program.

If you could provide additional information I will see if I can fully answer your question.