Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

The error message showing is OL-332-A; the password I have

Customer Question

the error message showing is OL-332-A; the password ***** have is not being accepted. I did contact my bank as per the directions of the error message. After 40 minutes of being on the phone, they cannot help me
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which bank you are using that's its connecting to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TD bank
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

The problem is the password ***** your TD account, this is why you get the error.

You will have to call(###) ###-####and have them reset this password ***** use this new password ***** Quicken as the password ***** is using is incorrect.

Its not quicken that causes this but your bank thats rejecting the username or password.

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spent 40 minutes on the phone and we DID fix the password. That is NOT the password ***** used on Quicken in the past. I then did try that password ***** the Vault does not accept it. Niw what?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You now need to update the vault

To do that

1. From the Quicken Tools menu, choose One Step Update
  2. At the Password ***** Password dialog click Cancel.
  3. Enter the password ***** manually for this financial institution
  4. If you connect successfully, then select Online menu > Password ***** > Edit.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to correct the password ***** for this financial institution

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know how you go

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am logging on now to try this
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you say:At the Password ***** Password ***** click Cancel: the options are settings/ update now/ skip. Which one?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

choose skip please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now what do I choose? Options: manage my passwords
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, then remove the password ***** for the bank and enter in the new one please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot do that as the next screen says UNLOCK YOUR PASSWORD ***** ! What password ***** ***** as it doesn't accept my old one?!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

This is another password, the one you set for the actual vault when you first set it up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THATS THE ONE THAT IS NOT WORKING. this is what started the whole issue!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no, your bank password ***** the initial issue, now you have a second issue which is this one.

This is NOT your bank password, its the one you set at the start when you first installed Quicken

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what is not being accepted. I need it to be reset but I cannot do that. This is what I need help with
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

which version of quicken is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i out the password ***** it takes me to a screen that says change vault password. Should I try that now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put in a new password ***** when I hit UPDATE in order to download from TD Bank it gives me that SAME error message OL-332-A
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes as it still has the wrong bank password ***** the vault so remove it from the Vault and add the correct one please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is EXACTLY what I need help with! As per my first question
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you just said you changed the vault password ***** could enter the vault.

As I am explaining these are two different things.

So we now fixed the vault so now fix the password ***** the vault which I gave you the instructions to do before.

1. lick on Tools on the top menu bar, then select One Step Update.
  2. Next to the password *****'d like to change, click the key icon.
  3. Enter your current password ***** this financial institution.
  4. Enter a new password ***** your choice.
  5. Enter the password ***** to confirm it.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Click Update Now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only option on this screen is Update Again / CLOSE
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I do not see us making any progress here sorry as I keep repeating the instructions to do but I am not getting any clear responses.

I made a request to connect to your computer and fix this directly.

Can you please indicate if you will accept it or not as I will need to opt out of working with you if you do not as I do not see us making any progress here.

Let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last time I got help it cost me $300! I simply cannot afford these charges. Your instructions are not clear. I am now on a screen that is asking me to change the password ***** TD bank. BUT I don't want THAT- only Q password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other option is change VAULT password ***** I already did
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, its not $300, no where near this cost, but I respect your desire not to do this.

I have decided to opt out of working with you further here. You do not need to do anything, when another expert takes up your case you will be notified.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still didn't answer my last question regarding do I chane the TD password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you cannot help me then please put in a credit for the cc charge
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Go to tools menu / password ***** / remove vault and all passwords

Then when you update the account it will ask for the new password.

If you check the box to save this password ***** will create a new password *****

I can speak with you on the phone and even remote in to do it with you for a small extra charge. On!y 20 bucks and it will be done after all this messing around because there seemed to be some confusion on the difference between a vault password ***** a bank password. I can explain this all to you over the phone so it makes sense

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hir robert
Thanks you. Please let me know that my account was credited for my initial payement as there was no resolution.
I believe that you logging on to my computer is the only was.
I will text you when I get home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now home
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there ?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i will be here all afternoon today friday starting about 2:30 CST