How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Financial Software
Satisfied Customers: 3775
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Financial Software Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cannot sign up as prior year customer, My e-mail address

Customer Question

I cannot sign up for 2015 as prior year customer,
My e-mail address has changed from XXXXXXXXXxxxx
I keep getting frozen out for 24 hours at a time.
Please help me buy 2015 Turbo tax and get started entering data.
I cannot find where to enter my new w-mail address.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The procedure is as follows:

  1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Answer the security questions ( as needed)
  3. Select MyAccount from the upper right corner
  4. Click the Account Settings option.
  5. Click Edit on the E-mail address line.
  6. Enter your new email address and confirm it.
  7. Enter your password.
  8. Click Save, and you’re done.

If you can't sign into your account and account recovery isn't working for you, Contact Us.

As a last resort, you can fill out the form below. It may take up to 1 business day to be completed. We are currently processing e-mail change requests during our standard operating hours (8AM-5PM PST, M-F); overnight submissions will be processed the following morning.

Make sure to fill out every field exactly as it appears on your account.

My best advice would be to call TurboTax and have a representative walk you through the process because sometimes it can be a little tricky. The number is *****

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke with turbo tax rep as suggested. She submitted an e-mail change which will take 24 hours. Candice stated that she would provide instructions on how to change.
thank you---it appears I will not longer need your service, and I decline the Free Trial, and do not want anymore charges on my Visa account. Regards. XXXXXXXXXXx
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Mr. Walker.

I will forward your request to customer service.

I am glad I was able to point you in the right direction so you will be able to change your email address.

Best regards,