Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Highly experienced in professional tax products, Microsoft Office - power Excell user - as well as Windows, Linux & iOS operating systems.
1929974

I'm first time user of Tax Act. I received a CD Preparer's

Customer Question

I'm first time user of Tax Act. I received a CD Preparer's Edition couple weeks ago, my Customer Id is 22659447 and when I try to downlod online the update the software appear on the screen a mesage "youj have the latest version" but I know that the IRS release frequently form and schedules. Could you give me and answer about this to;ic?
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I keep my question.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

The TaxAct® program provides preliminary forms in the preview version released in November. These forms can be used to forecast taxes due or refunds you may receive however they cannot be filed. This is because tax laws can change up until the end of the year.

...

Because these forms are not finalized until the end of the year, you will be unable to file any return forms printed using the preview version of the TaxAct program.

...

If you have printed a form that has a watermark indicating DO NOT FILE, you are using a version of TaxAct that was created before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released the final tax laws and forms.

...

Typically, the final update for TaxAct is available in mid-January. After this update is applied, you will be able to review your return and print forms that can be filed with the IRS or your state.

...

Hope this helps

...

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

I'm just checking back in to see how everything's going.

Did my answer help?

Let me know...

Lane