Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I transfered all my accounts from my PC to a new HP laptop.

Customer Question
four of my accounts were...
I transfered all my accounts from my PC to a new HP laptop. four of my accounts were not received.what do I have to do to repair my quicken quicken account.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Financial Software
10/27/2015
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

You need to look at how you did the transfer.

You should have copied the data file which ends in .qdf to a place on the new computer where you can find it such as my documents

if you don't know where that file is than open your quicken on the old computer and select file / save a copy as

save that file and transfer it to the new computer

once you know where that file is on the new computer

in the quicken go to file / open

browse to and open that file

There might also be an issue if the quicken on the new computer has not been updated to the same or newer release as the original version. This can happen if you install from a cd after the old version has been updated online.

I am available later today to remote in and do it all for you if you want to pay a little bit more.

Robert M., Consultant