Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

I have used Quicken 2000 years. when i bought an 8.1 pc i

Customer Question

Customer: i have used Quicken 2000 for many years. when i bought an 8.1 pc i found a work around to load it by installing a quicken .dll file.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have just had to reinstall my 8.1. i have downloaded the .dll file and i still cannot get my old quicken to load
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Financial Software Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

There is no actually DLL work around, and I am concerned you used a DLL from a fake site as this is a common trick.

How exactly did you install the Dll?