Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Cannot email Invoices from Quickbooks Pro 2011/12 since

Customer Question

Cannot email Invoices from Quickbooks Pro 2011/12 since downloading it onto Windows 8
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OOPS Sorry that should be Windows 10
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

i an help you with this but not till tomorrow

are you using something like outlook or are you going through quickbooks email using something like gmail ?

Did it work under win 8 before or were you on win 7 ?

I can log in remotely and fix it for you if you want to pay a little bit extra.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have this problem nobody helped me with this problem and I have been charged full price on my credit card. You asked to "I can get you my phone number and log in remotely to work on everything with you and get it the way you want it. for the price of AU$28." I don't know you and do not want to allow anybody to have this kind of access to my computer. There must be another option to do this Please get back to me ASAP. If I do ring you are you in Australia?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

that was back on the 14th. You never got back to me.

No i am in america, i didnt realize you were in australia. I could still remote in and we can chat through the remote program or use skype or something

We can also do this through this method and i can give you suggestions of what to do. But i would need you to answer the questions that i asked you two weeks ago in order to give you those sugestions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I go through Quickbooks which then sends it through Microsoft Outlook 2013 and I am sorry but I am now on Windows 10 the latest one I never had windows 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
originally on windows 7
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Control panel / programs / default programs

Make sure outlook is your default email program

You can also change it in the settings app on the start menu

Or you can try control panel /internet options / under programs tab

Win 10 defaults to its own mail app as default and qb needs it to be outlook if you want to send through outlook.

You can also change qb to use a gmail account if you have a gmail account. That works better these days because you don't have to worry about the op system. QB hooks to gmail directly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry none of these worked
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

What exactly happens when you try to email the invoice?

This would be about 100 times faster if I could log in and look at it. But I barely even know what is happening. I need much more detailed information than "it doesn't work"

Was it set that way before. Could you not set it to outlook as the default or you set it and it made no difference. Did you try switching to gmail. What happened when you tried. I could fix this in about 10 minutes while you watched if I logged in remotely