Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have Peachtree acctg 2004 complete. Last wk I turned on…

Customer Question
I have Peachtree acctg 2004...
I have Peachtree acctg 2004 complete. Last wk I turned on comp. and it would not open . Said company data is too old. First upgrade to Peacht Acctg for Windows Version Release 5 and convert data before you can install this release of Peachtree Acct. If
it won't open how can I get it unlocked and open to update? I have a computer tech here now but need your input to help with this situation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Financial Software
6/12/2015
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant
looks like you are trying to update to a new version but the old version wasnt on the right release to allow it to work.
or you just hit the wrong icon for a version that you arent really running but is sitting on the computer. Or tried to open an older version of the data rather than your current data.
the easiest thing to try is to do a system restore to a time before this happened. if it doesnt work i can help you more tomorrow ( friday) but it usually works for things like this.
System restore instructions - windows 7 8
hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type
rstrui.exe
hit enter
select restore to an earlier date.
Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED
choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem
hit ok / restore
the computer will start to shut down
a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar
when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.
It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.
Is there a number I can call to talk with you on? This does not seem to be helpful to me. My tech is here now and I really need you to speak with him.
I am in the USA the time difference is hurting us
I can get you my phone number but there is an additional charge I can usually go to about midnight here if that would work out for you over there
Robert M., Consultant