Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Robert, We upgraded to 2015 Premier 2 mos ago. 3 user edition.

Customer Question
Hi Robert, We upgraded to...
Hi Robert, We upgraded to 2015 Premier 2 mos ago. 3 user edition. We can access & post data with 2 user accounts. When we use the Admin account - I simply get "QB has stopped working and Windows will close and notify is a solution is available" All I can do is to close the program. I'm in a bit of a bind. Any idea?
Bill
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Financial Software
hello?
5/22/2015
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 3 years ago
Robert M., Consultant
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.
sorry i wasnt here
if i can help you this way there is no additional charge. If i have to log in remotely to do it probably another $30
was this file converted from an older version ?
can you test creating a new company file and see if you can use the administrator account on that one.
if it doesnt work at all you need to reinstall the quickbooks. I can give you instructions and a utility to make sure that you get a "clean" install.
if it works on a new company than there is something about the file. perhaps it had a different administrator than is set up on the new quickbooks or it might just have gotten a little corrupt in the conversion.
try the file doctor on this page for that
https://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/Articles/HOW12723
i recommend making a copy of the file and running the file doctor on the copy and then trying to open the copy.
i am off for the night but will be here most of the day tomorrow
so in case you need it here is the page that contains the clean install utility and instructions for using it
https://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12212