Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Has there been an upgrade to the new Quicken 2014? My present…

Has there been an upgrade...
Has there been an upgrade to the new Quicken 2014?

My present version has caused many problems!
12/27/2013
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

can you please be more specific about exactly what you are doing when you run into issues ? Below is my list of all of the passwords that quicken uses and how to find them. I would guess that it is either the online backup or the Intuit user ID that you are having a problem with. But if this list does not help please, please just get back to me with more specific information about your issue and I will help you through it

Quicken uses many passwords. which one are you having a problem with

there is a password XXXXX the intuit website which is needed for registering purchasing and downloading the actual quicken program.

to find that out or have it reset

go to http://www.quicken.com/ click the login button on top. the id will be your email address. You can click the lost password XXXXX to get your password XXXXX once in you can change it under account management

there is a password XXXXX start the quicken program itself. This option is normally defaulted to none. It can be set or changed from within the quicken program by going to

edit / preferences / quicken / startup tab. under start up options

If you do not know that password XXXXX need to reinstall the quicken software.

There can be a password XXXXX open a particular quicken data file. or to modify it ( seperate passwords ) Those can be set from the file menu within quicken. (if you do not know those passwords you need to use the password XXXXX tool which requires you to know the intuit website password XXXXX above )

You can get that tool on this page

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/quicken-data-file-password-removal-tool/GEN83204.html

There are also id's and passwords required to download transactions from your bank. These passwords are set by the bank and you need to log into the banks website to change or recover them. Quicken can store them for you and if they need to be changed in quicken to match a new bank password XXXXX do that from within quicken under tools / password XXXXX

There is also a seperate ID and password XXXXX you are using the quicken online backup program. To get that you need to go to the quicken online backup site https://www.backup.com/User/forgotpass.aspx?vendorid=INTQKN

Robert M., Consultant

I can't get back to you--what am I doing wrong?

I reset pw's in Quicken but they don't work in this 2014 edition.

If we aren't talking specially to the 2014 release I don't think we'll have the proper give and take' Go to Google , if you don't already know, and look at all the QuicXXXXX XXXXXve Community responses on 2014 problems.

Please let me know if you still feel you can help me!

well I wont know if I can help you until you tell me WHICH password XXXXX are having what issues with. You would be amazed at how often I see hundreds of posts complaining about some problem with a piece of software but since the users are only asking each other and they all have the problem none of them have what was a very simple solution. For example you claim you don't have an Intuit password. Yet you needed one of those to purchase and register the software.

Again please tell me EXACTLY what you are doing when you have the issue and exactly what message you get.

If necessary I can even log into your computer remotely to fix it for you while you watch.

I have not rated you and I meant no sarcasm or criticism in my previous response its just that I have become so frustrated With this Q2014 download and its frustrating to see online that many others are also and there's no info coming from Quicken on a fix(s).

Things that I normally have done to address Quicken problems aren't effective in the current 2014 release and to the best of my knowledge when I responded to the Quicken popup touting the 2014 release and when I did buy there was no request for an Intuit pw--if I have had one I have never before been asked for when using Quicken. The edition of Quicken I was using was working very well and I now wish I had never upgraded.

Again I mean you no ill will and will make no poor ratings! Please just

take the balance, $13, I owe you and if you get more exposure to the 2014 release I can be reached at [email protected] .

Now I have to sign off for an appointment that's pending.

Well I certainly appreciate that but I would really like to help you here.

I can sure see that you are frustrated. I am just as frustrated as you are. I feel like a car mechanic that gets a call saying my new ford wont work, I liked my old chevy a lot better. And when I ask what about it is not working you say "Everybody hates fords you can see it all over the web"

You can get your Intuit ID by going to this webpage and putting in your email address https://quicken.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/forgot_login.jsp?referrer=https://quicken.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/account.jsp

If you ordered the quicken online use the same email address that you used when you purchased it. If you registered the quicken use the email address that you used when you purchased it. If you did neither you can make a new account by going to https://quicken.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp and clicking make an account on the right

Once you have an ID you can get the password by putting the ID in this page

https://quicken.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/forgot_password.jsp?username=

The only other thing in quicken 2014 that would be different is the cloud storage that requires an ID and password. It is fairly new and may have a few issues but if you are not syncing with a mobile device such as a phone or tablet than you don't need to use the cloud storage at all.

If you are having problems downloading from banks than the instructions I gave above should work. You might want to disable your firewall because the new quicken is a new program and it might have said "xxxyyyy ( with a strange name )" is trying to access the internet we suggest you block it. But it was a qucken subroutine that needs to be able to access the internet to work.

It will email you