Financial Software

I have Quicken 2005 - My register shows one bank balance for…

I have Quicken 2005 -...
I have Quicken 2005 - My register shows one bank balance for today's date, but the Cash Flow Center shows a different amount. The Cash Flow Center is the correct amount - I don't understand, doesn't the Cash Flow amount come from the Register?... Read full answer
I have Quicken 2005 - My register shows one bank balance for today's date, but the Cash Flow Center shows a different amount. The Cash Flow Center is the correct amount - I don't understand, doesn't the Cash Flow amount come from the Register?
12/27/2013
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

how much is it off by ?

$321.64

it might be an issue where a couple of transactions are not marked as reconciled and the cash flow report is set to only display reconciled transactions

do you have any other accounts ? the cash flow report usually includes all accounts while the register of course only shows one account.

you can also check that the register is being sorted properly. It should be sorted on date. You can switch that under the view menu or by just clicking where it has the word date in the title bar on top of the date column

I haven't reconciled this account since August 2012 - I just keep it up with the bank balance - and it's been correct up until today

The cash flow report lists the accounts separately. And they are sorted by date

if you run a register report which balance does it match ?

It's not running a register report -- I just had a thought. My data is saved on a jump drive. If I uninstall Quicken and reinstall it, would it work?

You don't have to re install the quicken program

you can just go to

file menu

select OPEN

and browse to the file you have saved

Thank you for your help - I've got some ideas to work with. Thank You

You are very welcome. I am here for you just log back in and I can help further if that is not enough for you.

when you are happy with the results I would appreciate if you could give me a good or excellent rating.

I am dependent on your rating to receive any credit for my time and effort.

thank you

Robert M., Consultant
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Is there some problem with Quicken? All of a sudden the
Is there some problem with Quicken? All of a sudden the majority of my accounts have transactions missing. For example: A savings account that my bank says I should have a balance of $2,307.91 but Qui… read more
Carter McBride
Carter McBride
LLM
Looking to see how to record purchases made on my personal
Looking to see how to record purchases made on my personal AMX card for my business for which I have not made a transfer from my business account to reimburse myself the expenses. I am treating them a… read more
Karen Joinson
Karen Joinson
Client Support & Accounting Specialist,
Bachelor of Science
can you tell me how I can see a report of all transactions
can you tell me how I can see a report of all transactions changes made today? I added some new accounts (cd's and savings accounts) and something very weird happened in my 4 normal checking accounts.… read more
Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I have set up Quicken and I am using for the first time. My
I have set up Quicken and I am using for the first time. My budget is set up, and I'm entering expenses - so far, so good. 2 things, (1) when I set up my checking account - and put in my last statemen… read more
ezcpa
ezcpa
Certified Public Accountant,
I have Quicken 2012 deluxe. It works just fine. I reconcile
I have Quicken 2012 deluxe. It works just fine. I reconcile my checking account every month. Last month I reconciled with no problems. This month the opening balance in Quicken and the bank statement … read more
Consultant,
I would like a bank summary or cash flow report that would
I would like a bank summary or cash flow report that would show what the previous account balance was, then show the accounting period activity with the ending bank balance at the bottom. Is that poss… read more
AnswerCPA
AnswerCPA
Advisor,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have installed Quicken Essentials, however the register does
I have installed Quicken Essentials, however the register does not show balanced after I enter a check. All else seems to work fine, except I cannot download. he program doesn't recognize my user name… read more
Consultant,
Quicken 2012 Problem Cash Flow Report shows some expenses in
Quicken 2012 Problem Cash Flow Report shows some expenses in the income section in RED rather than in thr expense section? "Dub" Tilley… read more
AnswerCPA
AnswerCPA
Advisor,
Im having a problem reconciing my current months checking
I'm having a problem reconciing my current months checking account. The previous months statemet was reconciled sucessfuly and all transactions that were reconciled are identified with an R". When I w… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
I am in the process of reconcilling my Feb. Q account for 2011.I
I am in the process of reconcilling my Feb. BANK statement in the Quicken account for 2011. I took the last ending BANK statement balance from December, 2010, and started a new month in Quicken on a s… read more
Consultant,
I opened quicken today and cant find the accounts I have been
I opened quicken today and can't find the accounts I have been working with. Older accounts are there.… read more
Consultant,
Several months ago I made a mistake reconciling my checkbook
Several months ago I made a mistake reconciling my checkbook in Quicken. I have been stymied ever since. I don't know how to correct it. I mixed up the order of the bank statements. In other words, I … read more
Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I have Quicken 2011 in late December. I set it up to update
I have Quicken 2011 in late December. I set it up to update my bank accounts. It worked fine upto 12/31/10. But now it doesn't pick up any 2011 transactions on several of my bank accounts. I've tried … read more
Consultant,
I recently upgraded from Q 2008 to 2011 after having to refomat
I recently upgraded from Q 2008 to 2011 after having to refomat my hard drive because of malware attack. All data seemed to convert with no problem and all transactions seem to be there. But now repor… read more
Consultant,
I need help to reconcile my Citicard account on quicken. My
I need help to reconcile my Citicard account on quicken. My Citicard on Quicken shows I owe 4572.21 while Citicard shows $7637.73 or a difference of 3065.52 as of 11/9/2010. My phone numbe is(NNN) NNN… read more
Consultant,
I just started using quicken software. I use my banks-on line
I just started using quicken software. I use my banks-on line page, and entered all that information when I loaded Quicken. The updates seem to be working fine, but tonight, I did an update, and the Q… read more
Consultant,
I have ;been keeping my bank accounts and visa on quicken since
I have ;been keeping my bank accounts and visa on quicken since before 2005. The Royal bank has changed their on-line ;banking in the last couple of weeks, but are no help how to adjust my accounting … read more
Andy S
Andy S
I work for University of Washington and maintain a $4000.00
I work for University of Washington and maintain a $4000.00 revolving petty cash account. My student reconciled my April statement our register ending balance is not correct. I need to open up system … read more
David Bennett
David Bennett
Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor,
Certificate of Accounting (Honours)