Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

i am trying to run/create a deposit report for our needs and…

Customer Question
i am trying to run/create...
i am trying to run/create a deposit report for our needs and i'm having a hard time! the view im looking for is for a specific deposit, i want the class subtotaled and within each class the payment method.

the standard deposit detail will give me the columns but doesnt allow the subtotaling. is there another report that could accomplish the same? or am i just not seeing the subtotal feature that should be used.

i realize i can move it into excel and accomplish the goal, but im trying to get the clerk that does the deposits a fast and easy control report when making deposits.....since the deposit slip feature only allows up to 18 line items, we still have to manually create a deposit slip.

thank you for any assistance you can give.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
12/24/2013
Tech Support Rep: QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR replied 4 years ago
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR
Hi, My name is Anna & I will assist you on Just Answer. I see that I have a previous quesion w/ you as well. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you close that question as I only receive credit upon your rating Excellent.

It looks like you understand the limitations you face in QuickBooks Reporting quite well, so I believe the remaining reporting option will be to create a Custom Report that you Memorize for future use. I suggest building this report from the Go to Reports> Custom Reports> Transaction Detail Report. Then at top of report Select Customize Report, Select the Tab Filters, Select Account, & in the drop down box select the appropriate Account or allow all to populate to see how the data flows, Then Select the Tab Display and in the Columns box select the items you want in your report by placing a check next to them.

The Transaction Detail Report is the one report in QuickBooks from which you can build & add the most data. There are some software limitations to the reporting available in QuickBooks, but using & Customizing this report will yield the most data. Since as you have already indicated the other reports are not working, I think you can create this report to your satisfaction.

I am here to assist you further should you need assistance. Thank you for rating my assistance so that I may continue providing this service.
I also meant to include in my answer that this report does allow you to run totals by Class. You can select this option in the middle button of the Customize Reports Screen under the Display Tab.

Thanks Again!
Anna

yes that worked!

is there a way that all the detail wouldnt show up?

im really looking for like a 10 line report that would show ie:

General Offerings

Cash 999.99

Checks 999.99

Total 1999.98

Benevolent

Cash 20.00

Checks 30.00

Total 50.00

Is that possible? if not, the data that i have is good and shows me the information....its just wordy. ALL the records show up.

You can limit the data by selecting or deselecting under Columns within the Customize Reports> Display Tab. You can also limit data by using the available Filters under the Customize Reports> Filters Tab. You can also limit the data by the date range you select which can be done under the Filters Tab as well. As your response does not indicate which items you do not wish to see, you will need to use these filters as you deem appropriate.

Thank you for using Just Answer & thank you for rating my assistance so that I may continue providing this service.

its not the columns, i have all the columns exactly how i want them. its the row detail, i only want to see the subtotals. is that possible? kind of like expanding and shrinking the rows.

I do not believe what you are asking for is possible in the software, but I need more information about what you mean by "row details"

If you can send me a screen shot of the report & indicate what you are not wanting, I will look into the customize feature further.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you on JustAnswer! I hope I have provided you with 100% customer satisfaction by answering your post.

Thank you for taking the time to rate my service as Excellent or Good so that I may continue to provide services via JustAnswer. If you have not already done so, please take the time to complete your survey now.

Please contact me in the future if at any time I can be of further assistance in providing service to you. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-FoxBizSolutions/

Thank you!
Anna M. Fox, PHR MBA
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Fox HR Solutions