Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Need a Quicken expert

I started on 2014 budget...

I started on 2014 budget and when I try and go back and review the 2013 budget, I can't get 2013 actuals or budgeted amounts to display

12/13/2013
Lindie-mod

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

I'm still willing to wait for an answer

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Lindie

Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

What program are you using ? Is this quicken ?

Yes it's Quicken. The question had 'Need a Quicken expert' as the header but I guess it disappeared somehow.

What budget report are you looking at ?

It is 'current budget' which is a little confusing to me. I created a 2012-2013 budget in January and saved it and was able to print reports showing actuals vs budget amounts. I started creating a 2013-2014 budget a month or so ago and now when I try and run the 2012-2013 budget, using the saved report, I can't get theNNN-NN-NNNNbudget OR the actuals to appear no matter what I do.

'Historical budget' doesn't provide anything worthwhile either.

Do you switch the name of the budget when you look at the report ?

Do both budgets show up in the drop down box ? If you did not go to create a new budget when you made the new budget it may have over written the old budget rather than creating a new one. In that case you would have to restore a backup that still had the old budget and then create a new budget with a new name if you want to hold on to the old budget data as well.

I saved the new budget as 2013-2014 budget so I don't think I wrote over the old one. Both budget names are XXXXX XXXXX drop down box but calling up 2012-2013 and changing the dates to the 2013 fiscal year doesn't change what data is displayed.

If I restore from a backup, I presume that all the data I entered since then will have to be re-entered? Can I just restore the report?

do an experiment for me

change the system date on the computer to 2012 on the clock on the bottom right and and pull up the old budget and see if there is anything in there

That worked. I guess I can do that to print one more report to save for posterity and then switch to 2013-2014 budget.

well i just wanted to make sure that the data was still there and obviously it is.

Try just using 2012 dates instead of 2013 dates and it might come up for you.
Robert M., Consultant