Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have Quicken Essentials Version 1.4.1f4856. I have a number…

Customer Question
I have Quicken Essentials Version...
I have Quicken Essentials Version 1.4.1f4856. I have a number of accounts from which I have downloaded data. I want to create an Itemized Category Report (Category Summary) for only 1 of my accounts. I have gone to the "Customize" option and tried to select only one of my accounts, but I cannot get Quicken to accept my selection. I highlight the account and press enter, but it continues to create the category summary using all my accounts. Please help! Lily
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
12/9/2013
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Most quicken when you click customize and go to the accounts tab it shows all accounts with a check mark next to them. As it defaults to all accounts you have to remove the check mark next to all of the other accounts rather than click on the one that you do want.

If that is not helpful can you send me a screen shot of the customize page please ?

okay, I got your answer, but when my accounts pop up, there are no check marks. are you still there?

can you send me a screen shot of it ?

if you don't know how to take a screen shot, than I need to know what os version you have on the mac to tell you how.

Can't do a screen shot because I'm emailing you on the imac, and my Quicken is on the macBook. Where can I find the os version on the macBook?

click the apple button and then select ABOUT THIS MAC

it will give you an os version

Version 10.8.5

try command shift 3

that should take a picture of the screen and save it as a file on your desktop

then click the paper clip on here and browse to the file and insert it in here.

or you can upload it to www.wikisend.com and copy and paste the download link it gives you after you post it

or you can email it to [email protected] and reference this question

http://www.justanswer.com/accounting-software/85sfr-quicken-essentials-version-1-4-1f4856-number.html?src=pql&sso=1 and ask them to forward it to me

email is on its way to you from my friend Deena's email account

ok so long as they have this question in it they should forward it to me.

its a manual process though it might take a bit until somebody can actually get to it

Well, all my kids are home from school, and I have a bunch of stuff to do this evening like prepare dinner, meetings, etc. Can we continue this tomorrow with no additional fee?

oh yes certainly. The fee goes by the question and I don't get paid until you are happy with the answer.

add this page to your favorites list and you can just bounce right back in by selecting it from your favorites at any time

Ok, great! When you get the email, you can go ahead and respond, and I'll get back on this project about 9:30 in the morning. Thank you!

ok will do. I probably wont be on tomorrow until about noon central time

Hello Robert,

I THOUGHT I had resolved my question last evening, but it is not working as I think it should. I looked at my husband's Quicken account on his iMac last evening. He runs the same version of Quicken as I have on the MacBook. On his computer, we pulled up the same page I sent you a screen shot of yesterday. Although my husband only has one account on his computer, he is able in the next section to select the certain categories he wants in a category summary. He clicks on them and then clicks on "choose" below the box of category choices. I thought I could do the same in the accounts section of the category summary options on the macBook. However, when I click on the accout I want, that account is not identified next to the "choose" box as it is for my husband on the iMac in the similar section for the categories. Plus, when I click on "choose," it does nothing and does not limit my category summary to only the one account I want. I think this would be so much easier if you and I could get on the phone. Can you call me when you are available at (XXX) XXX-XXXX?

Relist: Incomplete answer. Can another expert in same field review the information my first expert and I have exchanged and take up the issue with me? Hello? Is anybody out there? I've been waiting and waiting for an answer.

Give me a little time please I am not in the office yet. You may need to update or reinstall the quicken but let me look at your email and do a bit of research

okay

ok I got the screen shot. That should work.

can you select more than one account ?

can you test it with a different account ?

some times people think it is taking more than one account because some transactions were either in the wrong account or spanned two accounts for instance a transfer will show up in both accounts.

it could also be a problem with the indexing. or the program is just corrupted and is not doing what it was supposed to do.

try opening the accounts window and then hold command option and B all at the same time to re index

Hi Robert, Thank you for your suggestions. Again, I'm sorry, but I am out of time for today. Children are home from school, and my day REALLY begins now. Will try the things you suggested in the morning and get back with you. Hope SOMETHING works! Thanks! Will let you know.

Thank you. I totally understand as my kids just came home but i still have to work lol