Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

My quicken is not accepting my password. I used it last night…

My quicken is not accepting...
My quicken is not accepting my password. I used it last night and it worked fine. Now it does not. How do I set a new one?

Betty G. McKenzie [email protected]
12/5/2013
Richard, Financial Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Are you referring to your password XXXXX Quicken Online Betty?

Or for your Backup File? Or to open your company file?

Thank you

no, my Basic Quicken 2007 that I use in my home

no, I back up on a flash drive

no I do not have a company - just me, myself and I. I am sitting at my computer right now. The password XXXXX have been using has apparently flown the coop and keeps telling me no when I try to log in. I have nothing to go to regarding my Basic Quicken 2007 to do what should be a simple task.

BeeGee

ok, so when you open Quicken.

Restore your last Backup BeeGee

Does it allow you to do this then open the file?

When I go to quicken, I am asked to put in my password XXXXX it is being denied.

To get to my back up the same procedure is in place - give me a password XXXXX the password XXXXX worked last night is again denied.

Again this password XXXXX to me last night but will not do so now.

My need is a way to reset my password. How do I get to where I need to be to do that?

BeeGee

You cannot reset the password XXXXX else what would be the point of the password?

You need to enter it correctly. The issue will be your entering it in wrong, this is 100% the case if it also happens when restoring backups.

remember, Capitals need to be used where you specified eg: PASSword XXXXX XXXXX to passWORD

But it is being entered in incorrectly, this is the only reason.

You need to get this right, else you would need to make a new company file.

Can you make sure your entering it correctly please.

I use the same method I have used for years - including today.

I click on my Quicken icon. It immediately comes up asking for my password. I put in what has been working and get denied access.

Looks like we are at an impasse. I simply do not know where to go to get to the innards of my Quicken to make a password XXXXX Can you tell me where to go to get the job done?

BeeGee

Not for Quicken 2007 Betty

The only option you have now is to upgrade to a current version of Quicken eg: 2013

Once upgraded you can then use this tool to remove the password.

Click Me To Open

But if you are sure the password XXXXX XXXXX it is then the only option you have BeeGee.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist

Doing what I have always done in the past and know I am correct in what I am doing. But looks like I am going to have to upgrade. Buggers!!

Do I still owe you the balance of $23.00.

Be happy to do the survey for you.

BeeGee

I am sorry BeeGee the only explanation is somehow the password XXXXX changed, it is the only way, and you are one year off! :( 2008 and you would not need to upgrade.

Yes, you pay for me support, and that you have already done with the deposit you already made BeeGee (this was for the time working with you, making sure of the issue and explaining what you have to now do).

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated so that I am compensated.

Thank you

Lost you! Thanks for coming back. And thank you for trying to answer my inquiry.

How do I get to the survey?

BeeGee

Richard,

Nope, I have no other financial soft wear.

I think I gave you a rating since you would not get a credit should I have not. I know you did all you could to help.

And again, thanks for trying to help. Finally got the problem resolved thru the removal fella at Quicken - have to say it was a frustrating and time consuming exercise! Hope like all-billy-get-out it never happens again!

BeeGee