Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I was using Quickbooks Premier Accounatnt 2010 and just installed

the 2013 version. Forgot...
I was using Quickbooks Premier Accounatnt 2010 and just installed the 2013 version. Forgot to back up files and am not sure where the regular files are. Need to import all my prior accounts and settiungs into the new version. Please suggest steps
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2013
Richard, Financial Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Which version of windows are you running?

Thank you

7 home premium 64 bits

Thank you

the file will be a .QBW file

This is your company file that you need to open, and has all your data in it.

To find this on your computer, do the following please.

Click Start, Computer

Than Organise (Top), Folder and Search Options

Click View

Click Show Hidden Files, Folders and drives

Untick Hide Extensions for known file types

And uncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files

Click ok.

Then click Start, search for QBW

when you have found it, double click it to open it in Quickbooks, and you have access to your data again.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you

what do you mean by "Untick Hide Extensions for known file types"? At the moment "Hide Extensions for known file types" is unchecked

I mean to untick it, if it is not already ticked, you do not need to untick it Joe.

Done, selected latest file from 11/08/13 and it opened in QB 2013. In it I went to chart of accounts, but the actual accounts are not there. I only see the categories and everything has a 0 balance in the balance total columns

Did you find any other files?

The file I selected was an empty file. The actual file with all data, opens in QB 2010. Shall I uninstall it? Is there a way to open w/o uninstalling it? My concern is that I did my 2012 taxes last month and I still have not imported my 2012 file sent to me by my accountant. Any time I open QB it warns me of the accountant copy. Since it is for 2012< can still work on 2013. If I uninstall QB 2010, before properly importing that accountant copy, will this harm me in any way?

I want to be safe.

Right click on the file, select Open With

Select Choose a program and choose 2013

When you do it once, it will always do it from then on.

For now, I want to leave 2010 on your computer.

there is no choice defaulted for 2013. I go to browse, select 2013, but it opens 2010 anyways

ok, then open 2013, click File, Open and open that file please Joe.

Let me know the results please

Under file, there are several choices, pls suggest

Open Company File.

"open company file" is not a choice. Choices available do not simply let me open or even search the file just like that.

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Click the below link and click START MEETING on the web page

www.joinme.com

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you

897-222-738

Done
Richard, Financial Specialist
Richard, Financial Specialist