Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I need help getting my flash drive of quicken data to upload

into my new computer...
I need help getting my flash drive of quicken data to upload into my new computer . I went to the Intuit site ,found my Quicken 10 version unlocked and was able to install it as hoped for. When I click on the icon to open the program it does so, however I am not able to transfer my data to start up again where I left off!
11/2/2013
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

I can not put on the flash drive what was not there before. But if you cant get your data into quicken you don't know what is on there or not for sure because you may be looking at the create date for the file rather than the modify date.

If you still have the old computer running the quicken what you want to do is open the quicken on the old computer

go to

file / save a copy as

and save a new copy on the flash drive with a new name. That way you know that it is there.

copy the flash drive to a folder on the new computer.

in the quicken on the new computer go to

file / open

browse to the folder that you copied the flash drive to and select the file that you created above.

Alternatively you can just copy what is on the flash drive to a folder on the new computer

open the quicken and go to

file / file operations / find quicken files

and it should find any files that are on the computer.

I will have to get my old computer up and running again and attach it to my only screen that I am on right now before I can determine if your solution will work. So, Thank you very much for your professional response and advice .

Caroline

That's fine. please give it a try and if you cant get it to work please tell me at exactly what point you have a problem and exactly what problem it is and I will walk you through it.

remember the file that you want to transfer is the data file rather than a backup file. It should end with .qdf

Thank you again , and am I able to review you answer on my email for a guide after I disconnect and begin the process? My darn printer is not responding at this time for me to print your response.:(

You can add this page to your favorites list by hitting ctrl D and bounce back to it at any time by selecting it from your favorites list or you can get back here by following the links that the site emails you when I post a response.

You might also want to copy and paste the instructions into something like ms word or word pad and then you can have it saved on your computer to print or look at any time you want.

Robert M., Consultant

Good morning Mr. Robert,

I've yet to get my quicken up and going . Nothing to do with your response as it deals with me , time management and my intimidation of computers! I plan on tackling it today and eith er get it going on just by a newer version on line and start fresh!

I will keep you posted on my activities today and chat with you for help as needed.

Thanks again for your help!

Caroline

please do. I am here to help you until you are satisfied and want to give me an excellent rating

thank you

Thank you again! I am studying for a nursing certification course and not at my computer to follow thru as hoped for. I will attempt tomorrow at some point and get with you.

Caroline

that's fine. good luck with the nursing test.

I have to reply every time you post so you don't have to answer till you have time to work on it.

thanks :)

Robert M., Consultant