PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  Have used almost every software package available.
64119565

I have two Quickbooks Company files that I would like to combine

I have two Quickbooks Company files that I would like to combine into one company. How do I do that?

PDtax :

Welcome to the site. I'm PDtax, and will be helping you today.

Customer:

ok

PDtax :

Are these two separate companies you want to combine? Or, instead, could your need be met by combining the two company figures into one report? I ask because how to do what you want may be beyond what QuickBooks can do. Third party software can be used to combine two companies records, but that may not be required.

Customer:

same company

Customer:

I need to combine the two general ledger entries into one company file

PDtax :

Because of the file name and hierarchy in QuickBooks, this can't be done directly. It can be done indirectly or with third party software.

Customer:

I know. Can you suggest a third party software?

PDtax :

Irvin software corporation is a vendor that does offer the utility you need. We can't recommend third parties on the site, but http://www.q2q.us/dtuoverview.htm#! is a link to an introduction page.

Customer:

ok

PDtax :

http://www.q2q.us/index.htm is a link to his company home page, with a number of QuickBooks utility offerings. Good luck.

PDtax :

Do you need anything else? If not, I will ask for a positive rating to close out your question. Thanks from Just Answer. I'm PDtax.