Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

my company name and address no longer appears on the statement

in quick books simple start...
my company name and address no longer appears on the statement in quick books simple start. how do I get it back
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/7/2013
Richard, Financial Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me when this problem started please and which version of Windows you are using?

Thank you

I send very few statements to my customers as most are COD.

I have a statement dated 31/07/2013 that shows the company name and address at the top. Ones that are printed today do not have that on top.

There was a problem with the company logo missing from the invoice form but was re-imported and is now present.

If it will help I can send you the 2 statements showing the difference.

Its ok, I dont need to see them yet.

I do need though to know the version of Windows you are using please.

Thank you

I am using windows 7

windows 7

Thank you Ian.

First, make sure there is no problem with the software.

Close all programs.

Click Start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program

Click on Quickbooks, click change, then repair.

Let this complete and once it has, restart the computer and tell me if the details now show on Statements.

Thank you

During the repair a message appears 'Error 1334 the file 'employeeorganizer.qcf cannot be installed.

Insert the QB CD and retry.

After which: message- rolling back action:

After clicking OK, 'the installation was interrupted before QB could be installed. click finish(only option) to exit the installation wizard.

ok, this leads us to the problem.

Put in the QB disk, and run it.

you will see as part of the process, to repair the current installation.

Do this and when complete, restart and tell me if the statements now work correctly please.

Thank you

No, it is exactly the same.

Please advise the correct way to provide seamless communication with you.

ok, then we need to do a reinnstallation Ian.

Can you make a backup in Quickbooks of your data.

Once done, copy it to your desktop, or somewhere safe.

Then download revo uninstaller (you can use the 30 day trial) from here

www.revouninstaller.com

Once installed, run it and use this to remove Quickbooks.

Then restart the computer.

Install Quickbooks, and then restore your backup file.

Once done, check and tell me if they now appear on the statements please.

Thank you

OK Richard, that has worked. Thanks.

I've just spent about 2 hours re-importing the company logo.

The only thing that is not quite right is that the invoices do not default to

'product invoices' they default to 'service invoices'. How do I fix this?

Good to hear Ian

To make it default, Click New next to that form type on the Simple Start Home page to open the form window. For example, clicking New next to Issue Refunds in the Money Out section opens the Create Credit Memo/Refunds window.

Click the Template drop-down arrow and select a form template.

Fill out the form and click Save & Close. Each subsequent new transaction entered for that form type will use the template selected in step 3.

(Optional) Repeat steps 2 and 3 to select a different default form template.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist

Hi Richard,

I select a form (invoice) from the drop down template list.

There is no form to fill out, it just creates a tick in front of the chosen form (product invoice). When the close and save is selected and the new invoice is brought up, it reverts back to 'service invoice' and not the selected ' product invoice.'

ok, I am actually about to log off for the day Ian.

But can I please ask, as we are dealing with a new question, are you able to make a new one from this Ian?

If you do, the next available expert will be able to take this up for you with the default invoices not working correctly.

Thank you

Hi Richard.

Not defaulting to the correct invoice profile has more nuisance value than anything else. I will probably just live with it and have to remember to select the 'product invoice' before proceeding.

You've solved the main issue and thanks for that.

Kind regards

Ian

Richard, Financial Specialist