Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Evert time I open Peachtree 2011 I get a script error:line

Customer Question
Evert time I open Peachtree...
Evert time I open Peachtree 2011 I get a script error:
line 2
char 1
unable to get value of the property "appobj" object is null or undefined
code 0
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sage%DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

windows version Windows 7 home premium
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
9/30/2013
Tech Support Rep: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

The problem is due to a bug in the software.

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

I already made an update

Michelle :

do you have the peachtree software disk with you.

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

yes

Michelle :

you will have to uninstall the software from your computer and after you uninstall restart the computer to reinstall it back

Michelle :

backup all your peachtree data on a seperate folder or a drive so that you dont loose any data

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

but I already have a customer ID an registration

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

is a 5 user license, wont unistalling and reinstalling affect?

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

btw way, the shortcut created by the program didn't worked. I have to change the target file

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

shortcut created, was in a form like the old 8.3 system

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

where you have the c:\programs~2\ something like that

Michelle :

as i said its a bug in the software you will have to uninstall the software first and then restart the computer and after restart reinstall the software from the location where is located

Michelle :

you must be knowing the location.

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

wont it affect my licenses?

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

yes, when I find the location of the correct exe file, and use it , it run. but not the "whats new"

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

this is an example of the windows error I am getting

Michelle :

take a screenshot and then post i cannot see the link you attached

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

sorry, I lost you

Michelle :

can i do a screen sharing and check the location

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

first error message

Michelle :

you have to check with your network admin to know the correct location then you can click on browse to select the correct path and install peachtree.

Michelle :

once installation is complete run the update fro here

Michelle :

Click here

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

no network, this is a stand alone laptop

Michelle :

can i do a screen sharing

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

but you have to tell me how to do it

Michelle :

i will give you a link to click and run

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

done

Michelle :

getting connected now

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

k

Michelle :

connected

Michelle :

you can ask here if you have any question

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

this expert really tried for a long time, great effort, however I ended up with the same problem.

Michelle :

you can give me the error message you get on opening the file again i will look into it again tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

the same error you have in your log as the problem I contacted you. Is in the left side windows.

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

but I will copy and paste it here

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

Evert time I open Peachtree 2011 I get a script error: line 2 char 1 unable to get value of the property "appobj" object is null or undefined code 0 file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Sage%DANGEROUS URL REMOVED windows version Windows 7 home premium

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

I think the problem is Peachtree cannot find files. The same thing that happened with the .exe program

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

maybe is a configuration of windows 7

JACUSTOMER-ecm0sobk- :

simply windows 7 apparently is configure in a way that does not support the format c: program%20files20(x86)sage%20... blah blah blah

Told you I installed the program several times, still you wanted to reinstall again.

just received the same answers I received after googling the problem.

Why pay for thing I already know, did, or found in the internet?

let me know when you have time i will look into the error.

Sorry, I was really tired and got upset. When you will be online again?

Another of you experts tied it. made me uninstall Peachtree and Norton 360

online now?

Have time now

please provide a date time with time zone when you can be online.
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist