Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I purchased a Home & Business disc and used it earlier this

Customer Question
year to prepare my 2012...
I purchased a Home & Business disc and used it earlier this year to prepare my 2012 tax return. I filled an extension and now I trying to print the complete for filling my return. I have a Dell Latitude E6410. I am unable to open my files. I uninstalled the program on the laptop and reinstalled the program from the disc but still I could not open the program. I turned off the antivirus and firewall of my Norton. Still I am unable to open my files to print the return. Would you please help.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
9/28/2013
Tech Support Rep: jhannell,
 replied 4 years ago
jhannell

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name isXXXXX will be happy to assist you today.
---
Hello sir/madam, are you currently using the computer in question now?

JACUSTOMER-b76djy9c- :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-b76djy9c- :

I will be leaving in 15 minutes and will not be back home until 1:00 pm Pacific standard time.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

when you try to open your documents, what happens?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

are you getting any error messages?

JACUSTOMER-b76djy9c- :

7890 ! 23456 78 901 23456789 01(NNN) NNN-NNNN((NNN) NNN-NNNN01234 567890 123 $ 5 678901 234 56 78901

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

let me opt-out and redirect this question to other experts for remote assistance. if no expert opts-in, we can continue

Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

At exactly what point do you have the issue ?

When you install the program or when you open the program or when you try to open your tax file ?

@ 3456 78 90 1234 56 7890 123 4567890 123 $ 56789 0123 456 7890123 45 XXXXXXXXX 567890

&* ( 0123 45 67890 123 456 7890 12 3456 78 9 012345

^7890 1234

Yes, I got that part. now WHEN do you get that message

The program appears to have been installed. I can't open the program or my tax files. I click to open the program and the lighted circle spin for a fraction of a second and stop. The same happens when I try to open tax files.

uninstall it using the revo uninstaller. You can use the free version. no need for the pro or even the free trial of the pro. Just get the free version

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

uninstall all versions of turbo tax

reboot the computer

rather than running the install program when the disk is inserted in the drive

put it in and go to my computer

browse the cd and find the setup file

right click on that and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Did you try what I asked you to try ?

If that did not work please tell me what operating system you are using ?

the other possible cause is usually a problem with the net framework

Robert M., Consultant