Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Im having a problem getting my 2013 register

Customer Question
I'm having a problem getting...
I'm having a problem getting my 2013 register
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
9/26/2013
Tech Support Rep: QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR replied 4 years ago
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Hi, My name is Anna & I am here to assist you with your software issue. Which software are you using?

It appears Chat is not functioning. I am still available to assist you further. Thanks. Anna

I'm using a Mac Version: 10.6.8

Ok thank you. Mac is the type of computer. What type of financial software are you using that isn't allowing you to see your register?
If you are using QuickBooks software, from your top toolbar Select Lists>Chart of Accounts. From your Chart of Accounts, you can click on the account you are wanting to see the register for. Clicking on the Account will bring up the register.

I hope I have provided you with excellent assistance. If you need additional assistance, please come back to me for future questions. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience on JustAnswer!

I tried that ... Only one register shows up.. which starts and ends in Jan 1st 2013

First, bc I have had many "hiccups" like this w/ QB for Mac, I would recommend completely shutting down your Mac & rebooting. After a complete shutdown, ReOpen QB and see if the data re-appears. This often resolves the problem.

I did just that and nothing new happened

Ok, if rebooting did not restore the information, you will need to restore a backup. This will restore all data entered up to date of the backup. Do you have a recent backup? Locate the backup &follow the QB wizard for restoring your data. It's a simple process but I recommend a new company name for the file so that it is clear you moved to a restored file. Let me know if you need any additional assistance. Thanks! Anna

What does QB mean?

QuickBooks

thank you but you haven't helped me....i still don't know what QD means

Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

Are you using quickbooks or Quicken ?

I'm using Quicken

Ok

you should be able to click on the banking tab and select the account and it should pull up the register. What happens when you do that ?

I get a register that starts & ends in January of 2013

try resorting it first.

-Sorting the register-

Click on the account actions button on the top right

select sort / by date

In older versions that option will be under the view menu

Or there is a title bar on top of the register columns that says what is in the columns underneath it. Clicking on anything in that title bar will sort it on that column

If you click right where it has the actual word "Date" above the date column that will sort it on date. Click once to sort one direction twice to sort the other direction.

Bob , I can't see the things that you talking about.. I have a question...can you get into my computer?

No I am sorry I am not allowed to do that.

If you are in the register there should be a button that says account actions on the top right. Can you see that ? Click on it and you will see a selection for sort. click that and select by date.

Can you see the picture that I attached to my last reply ?

Robert M., Consultant