Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Every time (well, almost) I try to open Quicken 2012 deluxe

I get a message "Quicken...
Every time (well, almost) I try to open Quicken 2012 deluxe I get a message "Quicken Launcher not responding". If I reopen it enough times it eventually responds, b ut today I can't get in at all. Your suggestion/solution? Thanks
9/24/2013
Richard, Financial Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you hold down Shift and with it held down, try to open Quicken.

If it fails, try holding down CTRL and opening Quicken.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

shift doesn't work- same thing- not responding. Control brings up "file" which obscures most of the Quicken tool bar.

ok, and in File, can you select your Company File Robert?

Not sure what that means, but I can click on file, and several tbhings come up, including "9/23 data (or somethiung like that)

You need to find your Company File.

this is your main Quicken File.

Click on one of the files you see and tell me if it opens your data please Robert.

As I just said in my previous message (before this answer- sorry) I was able to open the Quicken file, but with the same results.

ok, I did not see that sorry in any of your messages

Which version of windows are you running?

Windows 7

Thanks

Can you close all programs.

Click Start, Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program

Click on Quicken, click Change, then click Repair

Let this complete, then restart the computer and tell me if Quicken now opens please Robert.

Thanks

OK, but won't I lose this session if I close and then restart the computer?

Yes, but you just return to this webpage Robert and post a message with the results.

OK

thanks

I may have already sent this, but on the wrong page. I got to "uninstall" but saw no way to "change" or "repair"- only "uninstall", and I don't want to lose my Quicken data.

ok, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Robert, but it does not remove your Quicken Data.

Uninstall it, restart the computer.

Reinstall Quicken.

Then open Quicken and you can then open your Company Data file to return your data.

Let me know the results please

Richard- I uninstalled Quicken and restarted my computer. Now I can't find out how to reinstall it.

The same way you initially installed it Robert.

How did you initially purchase and install it?

via download- I don't have a CD.

No problem.

Go to http://quicken.intuit.com/

Log in by clicking Sign in on the top Right.

Once you've signed in, click Downloads & Unlocks on the left side of the screen.

Click Download next to the product and you can download it again Robert.

Then run the file to install.

Let me know the results please

Better yet, I apparently ordered a 2013 upgrade CD. If I use that it will work just as well-right?

No, not if it is just the upgrade, as it upgrades from an already installed version that needs to be there.

try to be sure, but if it is an upgrade CD, youll need the old version installed first.

OK- I'll get back with results.

Thank you

By the way, do I have to pay for it again?

No, you just download it again, this is the case with any Quicken Product you buy from them online.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Thank you

Got to the site- logged in- went to downloads-unlocks- said there were none- see no way to order rather than pay. Called the custyomer care number shpown on the site, which twice said thanks for calling and then disconnected.

You sure you bought it direct from quicken? Not Amazon?

Absolutely- I'm looking at previous ID's and maybe that will do it- I'll let you know.

thanks

Got the right ID- downloading now- will confirm when finished and data located.

Thank you.

Successfully downloaded, but when asked which filew to open, the current one doesn't show up. Can't find the current data. I know it showed a date of 9/23/13 eqrlier today when qwe first tried to open the file. What now?

Search for it.

It is where you initially saved it when you first made the file.

The file has an extension of

.qdf

And normally you would have named it after your company,

you should know where this file is though Robert, it is one of the most important files you have.

I never named it anything. it was originally downloaded and accepted the data already there with no problem. I don't knjow how or where to search for it. It has to be here somewhere but the list of QDATA entries does not include it.

You did, you have to when you very first used Quicken

Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you

There are none. There's a box that asks for it/.

There is, you need to follow the instructions exactly as I stated and you will get the numbers

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

Thank you

Sorry-found it 636-310-037

Logged on
You need to rate, but you would not let go of the mouse so I could take you there, then you just closed Joinme.

Can you rate on this answer please
Richard, Financial Specialist
Richard, Financial Specialist