Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

QuickBooks Premier Professional Services 2012

Customer Question
QuickBooks Premier Professional Services 2012...

QuickBooks Premier Professional Services 2012 on Windows Server 2003, We have had a new person doing all of our quickbooks work for four or five months. She was supposedly trained by the previous person and had been entering payments, downloading bank transactions, and writing checks the same way the previous person had. However, in the last month we noticed that she was not downloading the transaction in some of the accounts. She was downloading transactions for our deposit account and our expense account, however, the deposit account is showing the "transfers" out to the expense account and is designating them as deposits or checks in the Type column. The expense account does not show the transfer transactions at all. As a result all the balances for the accounts are showing incorrect numbers. I am assuming that she is downloading the transactions, but, QuickBooks is designating them as deposits or checks instead of as transfers from one account to another. Why would this happen? What can we do to change the transactions showing in the deposit account from checks or deposits into transfers so they will show as deposits in the expense account? What needs to be done so that this will not occur in the future? Thanks, Eric

Update: I noticed that all the transactions from before the new person started are entered as checks, all the transactions during her are entered as deposits. Either way though it was working and indicated the transaction in both accounts until the last month or so.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
9/23/2013
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

are those separate bank accounts or the same bank account with separate ledger accounts ?

Sorry for the late response. These are separate accounts with their own ledgers.

are they ledger accounts or bank accounts ?

You should be able to go back 90 days for bank accounts

or further if you go to the bank and create a report and download that as an iif or qbo file either if of which quickbooks can import using the file / import / web connect or iif format

Robert M., Consultant