Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Q B Pro 2o11 will not open

Customer Question
Q B Pro 2o11 will not open
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
8/19/2013
Tech Support Rep: QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR replied 4 years ago
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

It is likely that your pc downloaded an update or a power outage caused this while you were gone. Have you re-booted the machine?

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

If you have already rebooted and QB still will not open, go to your Add/Delete programs and we can Repair the program from the list.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

If Repair does not work, we will need to do a Clean Install. You may do this by following these steps:

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

If Repairing your current install of QB Software is not working, you want to do a clean install where you delete all traces of the program ( but not the data ).

QUICKBOOKS CLEAN INSTALL

First, ALWAYS make sure you have a Backup copy of your data file ( it ends .qbw ) in a safe location, separate from your pc on a usb drive or other backup alternative.

This page has complete instructions for the uninstall and reinstall INCLUDING a clean install utility that you want to download and run. http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12212

It requires that you have a copy of the quickbooks install cd or download. If you downloaded from intuit you can get another copy free.

If you purchased from Intuit directly you can download again for 3 years.

For quickbooks go to https://www.intuit.com/login/

sign in with your intuit id and password. ( usually your email address is the id )

Click on Downloads

That should give you a list of any intuit product that you purchased online within the last 3 years with a download button. If you have already completed the uninstall following the instructions in the link above, you should now be able to install directly from Intuit and you will be back running as normal. You will need to "point" the new software install to where you have your Company File saved and that's it.

Good Luck!

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

I hope that I have provided you with Excellent customer service today. I will continue providing you assistance until you are totally satisfied with your experience. Please feel free to ask me follow-up questions or new questions @http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

It appears Chat has not functioned as it should. I will exit Chat, but you can ask me any questions should you need any additional assistance. Thank you for taking the time to rate my customer service so that I may continue providing assistance & thank you for using JustAnswer.

JACUSTOMER-pv2ylavh- :
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR says:
4:45 PM

4:45 PM

It is likely that your pc downloaded an update or a power outage caused this while you were gone. Have you re-booted the machine? This is not the case. Electric appliances, clocks which always are impacted --go into a flashing mode.

4:47 PM

If you have already rebooted and QB still will not open, go to your Add/Delete programs and we can Repair the program from the list. Have rebooted twice.

4:47 PM

4:48 PM

QUICKBOOKS CLEAN INSTALL
If you purchased from Intuit directly you can download again for 3 years. For quickbooks go to https://www.intuit.com/login/
Click on Downloads
Good Luck!

4:52 PM

I can't back up files because QB pro2011 wil not open. I have rebooted twice, no storm event while away as evidenced by clocks & appliances not indicating storm

Hi, Can you search your computer for a .QBW file? This will be the most recent information in your Company File.

It is likely a glitch in an Auto Update or something QB downloaded automatically, but we can get your fixed back up and running soon!
On my pc, my company files are saved directly on my DeskTop, though you may have saved them elsewhere within your Documents. Just make sure you make a BackUp copy to a flash drive & you will have peace of mind for an extra BackUp before doing a new Install. Repairing, Removing & ReInstalling generally do not have an effect on your company file, just a good practice before making changes.
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 years ago
Robert M., Consultant
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

open the quickbooks in safe mode by

holding down the ctrl key while double clicking on the quickbooks icon to open it

that should open the quickbooks in safe mode with no company file

go to

file / open company

and browse to my documents and select the file.

If the quickbooks opens but the new company file still wont open

You can try doing a verify and rebuild on it
file / file operations / verify rebuild

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12158

or using the company file diagnostic tool

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12723

If those do not work you need to restore a backup

If the quickbooks will not open even in safe mode you need to reinstall the quickbooks software

QUICKBOOKS CLEAN INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

try doing a clean install with the instructions on this page. It should not effect your data but i always recomend

making sure that you have a good back up and / or a copy of your data file ( it ends .qbw ) in a safe place such as

a flash drive or another folder.

It requires that you have a copy of the quickbooks install cd or download. If you downloaded from intuit you can

get another copy free.

click on cart orders downloads

click on downloads and unlocks

That should give you a list of any intuit product that you purchased online within the last 3 years with a download

button.

This page has complete instructions for the uninstall and reinstall INCLUDING a clean install utility that you want

to download and run.

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12212

Robert M., Consultant