Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Im using Money Counts 9 on XP. When prompted to backup to

I'm using Money Counts 9...
I'm using Money Counts 9 on XP. When prompted to backup to A: it says backup completed. However, when I try to open the backup file it goes to Membership plus and I can never find the data.
8/14/2013
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question.

How are you trying to open the backup file ? and can you give me the exact word for word message that you get ? or the url if it sends you to a website please

I back up from the tool bar "Backup" or respond to question Backup?

I chose Dir. A:/ and get the message this disk contains backup files from a previous backup. Delete them?

I check yes.

Screen shows MCW backup

Back up completed successfully.

Then when trying to retrieve the data, I go to start, my computer, A:/, and click on the icon, which shows MP7 in a box and then 001 File; 41KB; It will not open.

Previously it would show all the icons of the program but I was not able to open them. I lost 5 years of data because I thought I was backing up but each time it just showed the icons from the program but I couldn't retrieve any data.

ok backing up to A:\ is not a real good idea as that is usually a floppy disk drive. They don't hold very much.

You should not have to restore from the backup unless you have a problem with the main data.

can you find the money program on the start menu all program list and start it from there? Once the program is started it might have all of your data in it already and if not there should be a restore command that will let you open the backup file that you made.

Sorry to be so dense! Let me approach this from a different angle. In Money Counts, how do I back up my data in a particular data set?

I haven't got it in front of me. Its not a hugely popular program.

But generally you would go to file menu / backup

and then it would allow you to browse where to put the backup and what to name it. It probably defaults to something so you don't have to but if you go slow you should see a place where you can change where it goes and what the name of it is.

Robert M., Consultant
Robert M., Consultant