Ask QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR Your Ow...
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR
Experience:  QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
74417861

Using QuickBooks 2011 for Mac. Would like to use the billable

Using QuickBooks 2011 for Mac. Would like to use the billable time/costs part on the invoice. Track employee time but it transfers over weird. No dates transfer over.
Would like to create my own invoice or at least be able to customize one but it does not make it easy. Want to add a date field on the Standard Service Invoice - it lists item, description, rate, amount. Would like to insert a date field before the description. Anybody know how to do that and get the date to transfer over when billing time?

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

what are you trying to transfer and from what to what ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I said I am using Quickbooks 2011. I track employee time using the weekly time activity sheet provided in Quickbooks. It marks this time as billable. Then when I create an invoice to bill the customer, that time will come up under the time/costs tab. The hours are there, the employee name is XXXXX XXXXX dates are there. The only thing that transfers over though is the item, any notes, and the rate. No date transfers over.

This leads to my next problem - how do I add the date field to the invoice to begin with? I can customize the Standard Service Invoice but it adds the date to the end instead of letting me insert it between two already there.

I understand and I haven't used that feature enough to give you an immediate answer so I am going to opt out here and see if somebody else has more knowledge of that subject and can give you better service than I can

I’m Lindie, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I actually just tried to ask an expert I had worked with earlier but it came back with a message saying that since I had asked a similar question this was being blocked. Can you unblock it so the expert I dealt with earlier can try and answer?

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Lindie

Hi Ole Cool Dude.

Did you receive an answer to your question? If you still need assistance customizing your invoice, I will be glad to try to help you.

We can try to add that field to the Invoice within the customization area. It may take a few steps to test & see if the information will feed properly.

I do not have QB for Mac in front of me at the moment, however these are the steps I would follow in QB Pro. Open an Invoice, select customize, then Customize features, select the boxes for Service Date. You may need to adjust some columns within the Layout Designer. Customizing an Invoice like this will likely take some trial and error testing with the layout & making sure the correct fields are feeding to the Invoice.

Alternatively, I have found using the Memo line feeds data I want to readily see/track very efficiently within QB. Often as a quick point of reference I will use the Memo line as a brief backup summary of the important info I want to quickly see in a transaction as getting a Memo line to fee properly works in most reports, invoices & other documents in QB.

I will see if I can locate the specific Mac instructions and follow-up with those to you as well in a separate post.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,
Anna
Here are a few links links via QB & Intuit that will give you everything else you may need to know for customizing your invoices if you want to look these over. These may give you a few more ideas for customizing what you may not have already, ie. adding your logo...

http://h30565.www3.hp.com/t5/Feature-Articles/Creating-Custom-Invoices-for-QuickBooks-2012-for-Mac/ba-p/3883

http://www.qblittlesquare.com/quickbooks-essentials/layout-designer/

Thanks for using JustAnswer & I hope I have provided you with Excellent assistance. Please follow-up with me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Anna
Hi Ole Cool Dude,

I just wanted to check back with you to see if you needed any additional assistance customizing your Invoices. Thank you for using my assistance on JustAnswer & it is my pleasure helping you solve any QuickBooks needs you have.

Thanks! Anna
Experience: QuickBooks Pro, POS Point of Sale, Online & Enterprise Solutions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your answers once again were spot on! Thank you!

Thanks for the Excellent! I'm glad I could help.

Please come back to me in the future. I realize there are sometimes site glitches, and I appreciate your patience if you run into those again. I do watch the questions on here everyday so I am usually around within 24 hours. Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Anna

http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/