Financial Software

I have QuickBooks installed on my desktop and would also like…

I have QuickBooks installed on...
I have QuickBooks installed on my desktop and would also like to have it on my laptop. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?... Read full answer
I have QuickBooks installed on my desktop and would also like to have it on my laptop. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?
8/6/2013
Richard, Financial Specialist
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Which version of Quickbooks are you using?

Thank you

Pro 2013

Thanks Genia.

First, you would install Quickbooks on your Laptop.

When you are finished using it on the desktop for the day and want to continue using it on the Laptop, you make a backup on your Desktop, of your company file.

Copy this backup file to a USB Memory stick, then put the memory stick in the Laptop.

You then restore the Backup file in Quickbooks on the Laptop, and continue using the data on the Laptop.

When you want to use the Desktop again, you make a backup on the Laptop, copy this to the desktop, then restore it in Quickbooks on the desktop.

This is the process you will need to follow, in order to use it on both computers.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Financial Specialist

How do I install QuickBooks on my laptop?

The same way you did on the Desktop.

If you used a disk, install it from that disk.

Else if you downloaded it, go to http://quickbooks.intuit.com/

Sign into your account (top right) and download and install it again.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Yes, I downloaded it. I will try tis later today and get back to you.

Thank you

OK, I have QuickBooks installed on my laptop. I did a back up compay from my desktop but my laptop QuickBooks does not see the QBB file.

OK, everything is working...

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My computer crashed and i want to install quickbooks on
my computer crashed and i want to install quickbooks on another laptop but i lost my license number. intuit saw my account but says they are not able to get it … read more
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
I am running a small business out of my home and would like
Hi. I am running a small business out of my home and would like to install QuickBooks on my PC laptop and on my iPhone 6. I have inventory and the components that create that inventory manufactured as… read more
Kennen McCarthy
Kennen McCarthy
President,
CET Electronic Technician
I had quickbooks on a laptop computer that i had to junk.
I had quickbooks on a laptop computer that i had to junk. Can I download and install the software on my new laptop? or do I have to purchase another version? … read more
Praveen Kumar SN
Praveen Kumar SN
BCA
Stop searching for answers—
TO INSTALL QUICKBOOKS PRO PLUS 2017 INTO MY LAPTOP; HOW CAN
I AM TRYING TO INSTALL QUICKBOOKS PRO PLUS 2017 INTO MY LAPTOP; HOW CAN I DO THIS? EVERY TIME I TRY, 2018 QB TRIES TO INSTALL. … read more
I want to use my laptop using turbotax. I just installed a
I want to use my laptop using turbotax. I just installed a dvd (from Costco) on my desktop. I am leaving tomorrow morning with my laptop for a month. There is no way I can finish with turbotax loaded … read more
I had Quickbooks desktop edition for Windows, but my laptop
I had Quickbooks desktop edition for Windows, but my laptop was stolen. I have a backup of the data is .QBB format. I know have a MAC and, rather than purchasing a MAC desktop version of Quickbooks, I… read more
Financial Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I need to put my quick books on my lap top how do I do it
I need to put my quick books on my lap top how do I do it and can I sync my computers or do I have to enter all of my data twice? Thank you for your time Ricci… read more
Consultant,
I have my Quicken 2011 loaded on my old old laptop, I would
I have my Quicken 2011 loaded on my old old laptop, I would like to transfer it to my desktop and I have my license number and re-install disc. I do not have the product code anymore since I can't acc… read more
Consultant,
I purchased Quickbooks Pro upgrade from 2008 version to 2011
I purchased Quickbooks Pro upgrade from 2008 version to 2011 version on 5-30-11. I am now trying to install it and when I insert the CD nothing happens. I am emailing you now on my laptop that is situ… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
I have Quickbooks Pro 2012 installed on my office computer,
I have Quickbooks Pro 2012 installed on my office computer, and I would like to install a copy of the software on my home laptop. An Intuit tech on Friday copied all the necessary files on a cd for me… read more
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
Chief Software Trainer and President,
Hi, My name is Max. I use QB for Mac 2011 on my laptop and
Hi, My name is Max. I use QB for Mac 2011 on my laptop and plan upgrading with a second licence for two users. That means that I have to move the *.qbmb file from my laptop to the desktop computer. (I… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
somehow my qbregistration.dat got corrupted. After much fooloing
somehow my qbregistration.dat got corrupted. After much fooloing arround trying to become the administator for my laptop I desided the easy thing to do is remove and reinstall quick books. Will I loos… read more
Doug Millington
Doug Millington
Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
Stop searching for answers—
I have Quick Books Pro 2001 on an old desktop. I would like
I have Quick Books Pro 2001 on an old desktop. I would like to move it to a new laptop that replaced the desktop, but can't locate the CD. We've moved 2 times since this was originally installed and t… read more
Leanne Stewart
Leanne Stewart
Quickbooks Pro Certified,
I had a computer problem and my quickbook pro 2011 was erased
I had a computer problem and my quickbook pro 2011 was erased from my laptop, I still have it on my desktop. The problem I have is I cannot locate my install disc so that I can reinstall this program … read more
Doug Millington
Doug Millington
Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
i have quickbooks pro 2004 installed on my desktop. I have
i have quickbooks pro 2004 installed on my desktop. I have been using this software for 6 years. The desktop is XP. If I load quickbooks pro 2011 on my laptop which uses windows 7, will I be able to a… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
Need to move our third set of 3 user QB Premier Man & Wholsale
Need to move our third set of 3 user QB Premier Man & Wholsale 2010 software from company laptop to new desktop work station this morning - how do we go about making the move and registing the new loc… read more
Leanne Stewart
Leanne Stewart
Quickbooks Pro Certified,
I am using Quickbooks Pro. Usually I work out of a Florida
I am using Quickbooks Pro. Usually I work out of a Florida location and operate Quickbooks Pro from my desktop computer in Florida. In the summer, I move up to the Philadelphia area. Typically, before… read more
Consultant,
I bought Quickbooks Simple Start for my laptop but there was
I bought Quickbooks Simple Start for my laptop but there was not enough room on it to run the quickbooks program. Now I have a desktop pc and it is telling me that I have to have windows xp. Is there … read more
David Bennett
David Bennett
Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor,
Certificate of Accounting (Honours)