How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jgordosea Your Own Question
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Category: Financial Software
Satisfied Customers: 3161
Experience:  Three years as Expert support for Turbotax Ask a Tax Expert, Quickbooks support and use >6 yrs
Type Your Financial Software Question Here...
jgordosea is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i want to do my taxes for 2011 but i have a 1099 g can i do

This answer was rated:

i want to do my taxes for 2011 but i have a 1099 g can i do it on tax act?


Since 2012 is still on extension and is the only year that can still be electronically filed that is the default.


Regardless of the software you use a 2011 return has to be printed, signed and mailed.


You can access prior years of TaxAct at

"You can complete and print your return.

One-time Data Archive Service fee applies - $13.95."


The 1099G will be able to be entered in the program and included as income on your 2011 tax return.


Sorry to say that there are fees to do the 2011 return from many companies either for the federal or state return.

For example at it says Free 2011 Federal Tax Return Preparation and Add a State Return for Only $9.95


No matter how or where the 2011 is done it has to be printed and a hard copy sent in the mail.


Please ask if you need more information.

Thank you.

jgordosea and other Financial Software Specialists are ready to help you

Related Financial Software Questions