Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Hi, Im trying to use Quickbooks Premium Online but it runs

Hi, I'm trying to use...
Hi, I'm trying to use Quickbooks Premium Online but it runs very slow, there is a lag.
have done an online speed check & that is all fine...download speed 5457kbps (682.1KB/sec transfer rate) Upload speed:753kbps (94.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Could there be something wrong with my computer making it run slow?
Please advise
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2013
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR, Management Consultant, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, MBA, PHR

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Hi, are you running antivirus?

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Some Malware and antivirus can slow down your data transfer

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

So long as you are only visit the Intuit page, you may wish to temporarily disable your antivirus protection to allow the date to flow faster

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Also, QB can me slow in some respects. It will never be as fast as the desktop version simply because of the nature of the data going back and forth...

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Also, I doubt this is causing much of a problem, but you may want to revisit your system requirements to see that they are up to current standards, but most likely you will see the most improvement from disabling your malware and antivirus.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

One final recommendation... If you are not already doing so, try using FireFox as your internet browser when you go the the QB site. I have found that FireFox works the best with the least lag and fewest problems

Customer:

ok i will disable my malware & antivirus & see if there is any improvement :)

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Great. Good luck. Norton is especially is slow for some of these things. I hope I have provided you with total customer satisfaction.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Thank you for taking the time to rate me & please feel free to contact me directly with any future QB requests! http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

Customer:

have you heard of the program ClamXav? As that is the program I had for protection

Customer:

I have sent it to the trash bin now though

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Im sorry I am not familiar with that program... but as I see you are located in Australia, it may be bc I am in the US.

Customer:

does an imac have internet protection already installed? I don't think it does does it?

Customer:

i will open quicksbooks online again since getting rid of ClamXav & see if there is any improvement in speed

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

Many think the Mac cant get viruses... it can, ive seen it happen, however it is rare. Safari is pretty substantial protection on its own so long as you are not regularly downloading from torrent/fileshare sites

Customer:

ok thank you...I don't download from torrent/fileshare sites

Customer:

yes I'm using firefox for my quickbooks

QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA :

You should be fine without the ClamXav protection. You should see an improvement in your overall speed.

I'm still having issues with lag, slow speed, is there anything else you can advise me on please?...

I'm sorry but at your current internet speeds you are showing, you will see some lag with this data intensive service. Currently my internet speeds at home are 3.4mbps up and 2.8mbps down and I still see some lag. It is truly the limitations of the QB online software. It is graphic intensive and takes alot of internet bandwidth. You may want to check your pc video card and system specs vs QB Online's requirements. Below is QB's recommendations, but I can tell you your current internet speeds are not a high speed connection.

What are the system requirements for QuickBooks Online?
We recommend a high-speed Internet connection, such as DSL or cable modem. You are welcome to try a slower connection, but it will take you a lot longer to get things done.

Here are the minimum system requirements:
  1. IBM-compatible 450 MHz computer with 128MB RAM
  2. Windows XP or MacOS X
  3. 1024x768 screen resolution
  4. Internet connection
  5. For Windows users: Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher is required for printing invoices, checks, and other forms (Adobe Reader is available for free download).

Honestly, if I were you and the lag is just not getting better, I would consider switching to a desktop QB version. There is no lag and you get alot better reporting features.

Thanks,
Anna
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
You might also try going to another location where the internet is faster so that you may experience the difference at a higher internet speed. Once you have tried it at a higher speed, then you will have better information for deciding whether it is worth upgrading your connection. At the speeds you gave me before, you will continue to see this problem.

Thank you. I hope that i have provided total customer satisfaction and I will continue to answer your questions until you are completely satisfied. Sometimes my answers do not provide the news you wish to receive, however please understand that I do my best to only provide you with honest factual answers.

Thank you for taking the time to rate me as Excellent or Good so that I may continue providing assistance on JustAnswer.

thank you ever so much for your very well detailed & professional assistance....I will look into what you have instructed me to do...go to different location internet & test run the program then knowing if I want to opt out & go for desktop or not...thank you heaps

Great. I am so glad to have helped you. Thank you for the positive rating!

Please come back to me in the future with any QuickBooks questions. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-foxbizsolutions/

It has been a pleasure assisting you.
Anna

Hi Anna, This is an overview of my computer....is my system requirements those of which you mentioned or do I need to upgrade to meet the minimum requirements?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.59f2
Serial Number (system): W81040VMDB5
Hardware UUID: B7E4A06F-1028-52D0-896A-D722C7CC5EF0

Hi, Yes I think your Mac system meets the requirements for QuickBooks. Which OS are you running?

Mac: Intel-based Mac running OS X 10.5 or later

Mac: Power Mac G4 running OS X 10.4

I think most likely your problem is your internet connection, it is fast enough for basic use, internet surfing, small downloads... But QB Online is basically like a streaming movie (in terms of internet bandwidth needs, not entertainment value :) So because it is constantly sending & receiving the graphical interface it requires a more substantial internet connection for you to have any speed.

Thanks for checking back with me & let me know if I can assist you further!
Thank you for allowing me to assist you on JustAnswer! I hope I have provided you with 100% customer satisfaction by answering your post.

Thank you for taking the time to rate my service as Excellent or Good so that I may continue to provide services via JustAnswer. If you have not already done so, please take the time to complete your survey now.

Please contact me in the future if at any time I can be of further assistance in providing service to you. http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-FoxBizSolutions/

Thank you!
Anna M. Fox, PHR MBA
QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
Fox HR Solutions
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR
QuickBooks ProAdvisor MBA PHR