How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bkb1956 Your Own Question
Category: Financial Software
Satisfied Customers: 3827
Type Your Financial Software Question Here...
bkb1956 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Turbo Tax question. I bought a property on 10/12/2006 for

Resolved Question:

Turbo Tax question.

I bought a property on 10/12/2006 for 70,000 with the intention of long-term investment but sold it on 4/11/2007 for 233,000.

I have not filed tax return for 2007.

I did not have any other income in 2007.

Which version of Turbo Tax 2007 do I need to use?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.


Unfortunately, the TurboTax software for 2007 and earlier years is no longer available directly on TurboTax. You can obtain the TurboTax 2007 version on Amazon, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.


Since you will have to mail in your tax return anyway, your best course of action at this point would be to have any major retail tax preparation company prepare your 2007 tax return. In the alternative, you could download the forms directly from the IRS website, prepare a paper return and mail it in to the IRS.


Please let me know if you require further information or assistance.


Thank you and best regards,


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Various version of TT 2007 are available online. Which is the most appropriate?
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 4 years ago.

The Premier version should suit your needs because you have to report the sale of an investment property.

bkb1956 and other Financial Software Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 4 years ago.

It's been my pleasure.