Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Ive had different e-mail addresses and passwords. I need

I've had different e-mail addresses...
I've had different e-mail addresses and passwords. I need a copy of my 2011 taxes, but I can't get into turbo tax. I saved 2008, 2009,2010 on my computer, but I need 2011. How can I get in. My friends name is XXXXX XXXXX they wont accept that as the secret code

Please Help - I can't wait 30-60 days for the IRS
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/8/2013
Robert M., Consultant

robert :

You filed the turbo tax using turbo tax online edition ?

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

yes

robert :

and you cant sign in to turbo tax at all ?

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

Yes, I'm working on my 2012 taxes, but I needed to start a new account since I couldn't get into last years taxes - so I can't get previous years

robert :

your id should be the email address that you used when you paid for it

robert :

thats probably going to make it a little harder than if you had worked on getting into it in the first place.

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

Yes, but the e mail address I used for 2011 [email protected], but now turbo doesn't show this e-mail address at all as an ID. Yes - I know what you saying boohoo

robert :

go to this link and check the box for lost password XXXXX put in the email address that you used when you did the 2011 taxes. they should send the password XXXXX your email

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

I'll try that - will you wait

robert :

did you pay for it ?

robert :

sure

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

I put in my account numbers but didn't pay - said until I was satisfied

robert :

so you never filed the 2011 with them or finished paying for it ?

robert :

that may be the problem they only keep those things around for so long

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

Oh yes - I thought you meant did I pay you..Yes I filed and paid what was due

robert :

oh ok than it should still be there

robert :

They keep them for years once you have paid for it and filed online with them

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

It says

• We are unable to identify the user ID and/or password XXXXX entered. Please try again.

robert :

i just tried it and it does request a secret question BUT it will also accept your social security number instead if you look to the right hand side. Its either one you dont have to do both

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

and I did try this several times.

robert :

is it possible that you used a different email address than you thought you did ?

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

I

robert :

you can also try that link but put in cant remember id either and see what that does

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

Help Us Find the Right Account

We found more than one account that matches the information you gave us. To ensure your security, we need you to provide the user ID. You are free to try more than once.

User ID

(If you are unable to find your ID, please create a new account.)

robert :

yeah you probably screwed yourself up by creating the new id instead of getting the first one back

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

this is the response I got. and I did try

robert :

on the forgot id did you put in more than 1 email address ? try doing it with 1 email address at a time

robert :

you may have to speak with a live person over there

robert :

try calling this number

888-777-3066

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

I signed on with the ID I used 2011 and nothing worked. Then I put id for e-mail account I've ony had a few months and I got into my 2012 return, but it says there is no other returns on file

robert :

or you can try this link and put in the information and hit live chat or the option for phone https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

i

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

Trying now

robert :

give me a minute its also possible to get a transcript of your return from the irs and it is free and only takes 5 to 10 days as apposed to an official copy which cost 60 bucks and takes a lot longer

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

On the phone now -

robert :

ok you can also call the irs at(NNN) NNN-NNNN and request a transcript. that will have all of the important details that you would need for this year but its not an "official copy of the return"

robert :

i have to run out for about 10 minutes i will leave the chat open if you can wait you may be on hold that long anyway

robert :

i am back

robert :

sorry but if you are answering me ( and it says you are typing and has for 10 minutes ) than the website is having a glitch. I am going to switch this to Q and A mode and you can get back to me that way the site will email you with a link to go to to post an answer where you can see our entire conversation till now or clicik http://www.justanswer.com/computer/7v27m-i-ve-different-e-mail-addresses-passwords-need.html

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

that one is only a transcript - not full taxes

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

I just talked to quicken with the number you gave me. You were excellent with your assistance, but quicken maybe has helped me - won't know for 2-3 days.

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

I nt to talk to

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- :

I want to talk about the rating, e-mail me and I'll respond. He actually gave excellent service,,

Robert M., Consultant
ACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:25 PM
yes
robert says:
6:26 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:27 PM
robert says:
6:27 PM
6:28 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:28 PM
robert says:
6:28 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:29 PM
I'll try that - will you wait
robert says:
6:29 PM
did you pay for it ?
6:29 PM
sure
6:29 PM
https://turbotax.intuit.com/login/forgot-info/
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:29 PM
robert says:
6:30 PM
6:30 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:31 PM
robert says:
6:31 PM
oh ok than it should still be there
6:31 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:32 PM
It says
We are unable to identify the user ID and/or password XXXXX entered. Please try again.
robert says:
6:33 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:34 PM
and I did try this several times.
robert says:
6:34 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:34 PM
I
robert says:
6:34 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:37 PM
Help Us Find the Right Account
User ID
robert says:
6:38 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:41 PM
robert says:
6:41 PM
6:41 PM
6:41 PM
try calling this number (NNN) NNN-NNNN

JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:42 PM
robert says:
6:42 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:43 PM
i
6:43 PM
Trying now
robert says:
6:46 PM
JACUSTOMER-1d3cywg3- says:
6:46 PM
On the phone now -
robert says:
6:47 PM
6:49 PM
7:00 PM
i am back
7:06 PM
Styles
It shows you requested me but you did not type anything in that I can respond to. I will be off for dinner for an hour maybe but I will be back to respond when you post

I did not rate you excellent since I had already tried all the things you suggested. I had turbo tax phone number myself which i was going to try next but I thought you would be quicker.

I think that you did give me a good rating and I am happy with that. I probably would have been quicker for most things and can give you more options but for some things like this one where turbo tax has their own files messed up I have no access to those files and you have to go through them directly.
Robert M., Consultant