Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

How to recover data saved in microsoft money 2002 home edition

Customer Question
in microsoft money small business...
How to recover data saved in microsoft money 2002 home edition in microsoft money small business edition recently insralled
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
7/6/2013
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

where is the data now ? If it is saved in a file that ends .mny you should be able to recover it by installing the 2002 or newer version of ms money

then going to file / open

and browsing to the mny file to open it

you can only restore a file if it was created as a backup file rather than a data file

what type of file do you have and how are you trying to open it and what problem are you running into

I I could not recover theMicrosoft Money 2002 Home edition program but manage to save the backup files onthe hard Disk. I have installed the Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business edition. When trying to retore the backup files in the 2004 edition, I got the message that it is not possible as the two programs are not compatible for some reason as they do not come from the same country.The backup data files are still there.but the 2002 Money program is un retreivable. What can I do to read again those file in the 2004 edition now properly installed in the new computer.

Can you help?

that may be a problem if you have editions from different countries. They are just different programs with different file structures and they wont read each other. I think that your best bet is to do your best to try to find another copy of the version that you originally made the backups from. sometimes you can find things like that on ebay or amazon or if you still live in that country there might be some local website where you can post asking if anybody has one

Not to be rude to you or anything but

You were using a copy of ms money that is more than 10 years old

you were using a non us version

Money itself was discontinued in 2006 and still you continued to use it even though Microsoft stopped supporting it.

You did not keep your data files but somehow got a copy of backup files.

You do not have the original program disk that you installed it from.

And now you are giving me a bad rating because its just not possible to restore those files to a different version of the program from a different year and a different country.

do you really think that is fair to me ?

Robert M., Consultant