Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Now please walk me through changing it on my 3 laptops and

Now please walk me through...

Now please walk me through changing it on my 3 laptops and 2 phones becaise JA wont let you remote in. I am tired of this. This will be it between JA and me

Please srart a new chat

5/5/2013
Robert M., Consultant

RobMark :

ok are you here ?

RobMark :

you have to start the new chat and i will look for it or we can use this one

RobMark :

but basically you just have to hit the disconect button and then hit the connect again and it should prompt you for the key the same way that it did the first time and put in the new key

Customer:

Please srart a new chat

6 montyhs and they cant give me a popup when u respond

And they all my feelings about not letting us use T V

Customer:

I am so mad at hem

Customer:

them

Customer:

And they told me revenues have gone down once they let experts use remote

Customer:

I wonder why... Noy u but 4 others gave me there pe3rsonal email addresses to pay them through paypal

Customer:

BS

RobMark :

i dont know about revenues i know that the number of questions has gone way down and i assumed it was from lack of advertising

Customer:

I No u dont have to comment

Customer:

Not u

Customer:

Just lets get these deveices fixed

RobMark :

there is nothing that i can say that would not get me in trouble.

Customer:

its 5am

Customer:

does JA care about my kids

RobMark :

yes sir. its late here too and i have friends that wanted me to go to the bar to see my friends band play

Customer:

So say nothing

Customer:

I will do all the speaking

RobMark :

ok now all you shuold have to do is in the device hit the disconect

RobMark :

and then hit connect again and it should prompt you for the passkey and you can put the new passkey in

Customer:

TO the world as my best friend works at Google atand will get me to the top of there seach of JA

Customer:

So what do I do on my laptop and phones

RobMark :

lets start with the laptop

Customer:

You will see this on Google within the week

RobMark :

click on the wireless icon on the bottom right near the clock. it should show you all of the available connections

RobMark :

click on this one. and click DISCONECT

Customer:

ok first can you help me change it to not WQLAN-AP but my name of my sys

Customer:

then we can del with this pass crap

RobMark :

yes that should be easy go back to that same screen in the router

Customer:

on all 5 devices please

RobMark :

and where it says esid put another word in there and hit apply

Customer:

I was disc but isnt psk safer than just wpa2

RobMark :

yes if you are worried about a phd that has spent 20 years learning to break code. otherwise its like the difference between your neighbor jumping over a 100 foot wall because a 90 foot wall isnt as safe

Customer:

common rob

Customer:

I had other experts here preach to me why psk is better

Customer:

if it is is so out there, why do they even give u a chouice?

RobMark :

because they can.

Customer:

lol

RobMark :

if one manufacturer puts it in and says its better all the other ones have to follow along

Customer:

thtas bnot an answer, thats what I tell my 3 year old

Customer:

no

Customer:

I cant remember now but I was schooled by an expert telling me why psk is better and why do all my neighbors have it thenb??

RobMark :

is a combination lock with 5 numbers better than one with 3 ? of course it is. but for your gym locker is it really necesarry ?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

thats what i want

Customer:

thats why I pay a membership fee

Customer:

for the best

RobMark :

well than fine use the wpa/psk it doesnt bother me.

Customer:

u r the best

Customer:

I just want that

RobMark :

and change the esid to a name that you want

Customer:

I have 15 close neighbors and 14 have it

Customer:

What does that tell me

RobMark :

and change the passkey to what you want

RobMark :

that if 14 people jumped off a to swim you would put your bathing suit on in the car ? j/l

RobMark :

anyway its fine no reason not to use the psk. just pull it from the dropdown list

RobMark :

change the esid to a word that you want to define your router

RobMark :

and make the passkey what you want it to be

RobMark :

and HIT APPLY

Customer:

wow 20 questions later I got a pop up that u responded to me. I love this site

RobMark :

LOL

Customer:

Well if I had a hot girlfriend changing too I would

Customer:

And then after u know she could write a letter to the PSK inventors that it was not neccesary, I would have changed seeing 13 people

Customer:

:)

Customer:

Now it is changed on the laptop

Customer:

Can we get my other 4 devices working

RobMark :

is it working on the laptop ?

Customer:

What do I do on my 1st lap

RobMark :

do it the same way on the other devices. it should have the new esid and that should pop up on the screen for available routers

Customer:

no not yet

RobMark :

im confused did you change it in the router and change the esid ?

Customer:

so do what on my laptop

RobMark :

and put the new passkey in

RobMark :

FIRST

RobMark :

get it the way you want it on the router

RobMark :

change the esid

RobMark :

change the type to wpa/psk

RobMark :

change the passkey to the one that you want

Customer:

under what

RobMark :

HIT APPLY

Customer:

network and sharing center?

RobMark :

the same place we have done everythng else the wireless security

RobMark :

no IN THE ROUTER ITSELF

Customer:

so on each of my 3 other laptops I have to go into the modem?

Customer:

router whatever

Customer:

sorry to be cranky its 6 am

RobMark :

NO

RobMark :

you just have to set the router one time

RobMark :

to the way that you want it

Customer:

I hate JA for them not having a way for u to do this in 10 seconds for me

RobMark :

and then each of the other ones just show the available networks and click the one with the new name that you put in the esid and put in the new passkey

RobMark :

you are making this more complicated than it is

RobMark :

just set the router the way you want it. and then everything else logs in the same way you log into any wireless

RobMark :

you just need the new passkey

Customer:

it reset my router on my laptop #1 and it has failed because a net cable is disc

Customer:

or broken

Customer:

it works on my laptop using the old ssisd and not changing the pass

Customer:

I will get into th emodem

RobMark :

is the laptop it is working with connected wirelessly or with a cable ?

Customer:

wireless and somehow it finally took the the essis and password

Customer:

let me check the other devices

RobMark :

ok the new esis and new password ?

Customer:

no that they work

Customer:

Mty kids are up now crying

Customer:

U are the best

Customer:

I hate JA for not letting u fix this remotely 5 hous ago

Customer:

¨Do they care my kids are crying wanting a single dad in bed

Customer:

No

Customer:

Whatever,

Customer:

4 other experts gave me there personal email addresses. '

Customer:

I gave them all up to JA being a rat and not even a thank u

RobMark :

yeah i dont blame you. is it working or do you think we might be better off ding this from the start tomorrow when you are fresh. its not that difficult i dont think but you are angry and tired and i think we might be able to get it all done in about 10 minutes when we are both calm and rested

Customer:

After they asked me for those. I saved them 10s of thousands

Customer:

but I get crap if I go outside the box

Customer:

Nuts they are

Customer:

And u know Pearle will run them into the ground soon

Customer:

And maybe like our last chat they will send it to admin

Customer:

U said nothing tonight

Customer:

I just vented

Customer:

But I have 1 million more like to vent to before Im done :)

Customer:

likes

Customer:

my phone is connecting at 39Mbs, is that fast

RobMark :

yes and i understand. But really i just want to get this working for you so that you will be happy with my work. I do a lot of my own counsulting work. But this is easy for me. I just answer questions and they take care of the customers and the billing and i have to appreciate that in most cases. It makes it real easy to make a few bucks with no hassles. Do i agree with everythng they do in every instance. No i dont. But if i vent i lose that capability and i gain nothing. I have to accept the site as it is and it is still worth it for me to work with it.

Customer:

fast

RobMark :

yes thats actually pretty dam fast

Customer:

U didnt say one bad word tonight.... I just vented.... You protected your job by not saying anything

RobMark :

the old router was 10 at top spead so you got about 4x the speed

Customer:

I respect that

Customer:

let me test my comps

RobMark :

kk

Customer:

My phones link speed is now 65Mbps

Customer:

The main comp is 12 up one down

Customer:

My laptop 1 is

Customer:

12 up 1 down

Customer:

so wtf was the point of all this and of couse another 100 to u

RobMark :

i think the phone is displaying the speed between. the phone and the router. the computer is showing the speed between the computer and the internet speed site. so your bottle neck is not the router but the actual internet connection

Customer:

Same as witha g router

Customer:

what now I can walk 20 feet outside my house?

RobMark :

i think i told you that right in the beginning that because the internet connection itself is only 10 or 15 mbps even if the new router is 100 and the old one was 10. there is not going to be that big a difference

Customer:

so in english what do u mean

RobMark :

its like you have a hose that spits out water so fast. if you have an old lady filling glasses from it and she looks slow as hell and you replace her with a 15 year old that can do it a lot faster. you are still stuck with how fast the water comes out of the hose.

Customer:

so why do all my neighbors spend 5 times the price on a g router than there old n

Customer:

marketing?

RobMark :

it may increase your actual browsing speed because the new router can handle more connections faster than the old one did. But the speed test which is only testing the top speed from one computer is not going to reflect that

RobMark :

would you be upset at me if i told you it was for the same reason that they are all using the new wpa/psk instead of the wpa2 ? because it cost another 20 bucks and it said it was faster

Customer:

sorry n more than a g

RobMark :

and if you are moving things between one computer and another computer on your own network you will see a huge speed difference there.

RobMark :

if you have some sort of media system where you are streaming video from a computer to an hd tv you will see a big difference

Customer:

Oh so my streaming porn business will get more hits lol

RobMark :

there you go lol

Customer:

I sold T1 and T3s up and down the Empire State Building b4 9/11

Customer:

And believe me very shady room in buildings on th eupper easr side and downtown west side nyc

Customer:

I hear uu

RobMark :

oh yeah i know i worked with those guys. My boss used to flip out at how fast i could get them in if you "tip" the guy doing it 50 bucks

Customer:

I will of course tip and give an exc review just send me the page

Customer:

Yeah a fancy lobster lunch, changing there routers for free, insstaed of 500, u know th edrill

Customer:

until they needed cust service

Customer:

......

RobMark :

i used to have problems getting t1's and dsl in because the buildings just didnt have enough wiring. and if you go through channels they tell you 6 months to put a fiber box in. If you tip the guy a few bucks he listens on the lines and pulls a few away that dont seem to be getting much use and half the time a company with 50 lines going into a pbx unit doesnt even notice if they only have 48 the next day

Customer:

I know that too well

Customer:

we got paid for 12 phone lines ata time too

Customer:

I put so many businesses out of commision when they failed I hate myself for it

Customer:

promising T3s at half the price jokers

RobMark :

nyc is just different. i miss it sometimes. i remember going to cisco seminars where they tell you well you need fiber if the 2 buildings are 500 feet away and im like you cant string fiber across 5th avenue you have to put a t1 in to do it. and when we spec out backup supplies we put in huge battery packs when every official recomendation is put in a generator but you cant drop a generator inside a 40 story building

RobMark :

oh usually i didnt have that problem. once it was in it stayed in. if the guy we stole the line from complained they stole another one for him until somebody didnt notice

Customer:

But whatever thats the past, u said not 1 bad word tonight so I wil get yelled at. I will get u yours. And honestly I never have even heard of generators. They just wanted m eto sell T1s way back to anyone in old buildings. And I just mention porn because I walked into those buildings cold calling them and they were my best customers

RobMark :

lol i had a friend putting gaming rooms in shops and she got a call from a pawn shop in nyc and it turns out the nyc accent fooled her and she came up to find a porn shop

Customer:

And then we shut down a 50 year old mom and pop biz for a week, it was the people that controlled the lines fault

Customer:

Tell u something funny

Customer:

I walked in cold callimg

Customer:

No one was in this building

Customer:

I was alone

Customer:

Each room I knocked was open and empty

RobMark :

the generator wasnt for phones. i used to design computer rooms. and you need a backup scheme for x number of servers drawing this much power and so you put n UPS to last for 10 minutes or half an hour or some people wanted a few hours. so it gets very expensive when you want that much battery power so the standard answer is its cheaper to put in your own generator. but you just cant do that in midtown manhatten

Customer:

But the best cam and bed available...

Customer:

I could have taken 20 cams

RobMark :

lolol too bad you didnt come at a better time. you might have got on tv

RobMark :

having a good tme too

Customer:

Star Pharmaceutical Salesman Caught Stealing Porn Cams

Customer:

WWhat a title

RobMark :

lol that would have gone over well with your firm im sure

RobMark :

anyway im sure that you want to go to bed and i have people bugging me including wife and daughter

Customer:

I left them to travel the US to be in a different city each weeek selling ads in top hotels in room guest books

Customer:

I needed that to build my profile

RobMark :

lol

Customer:

Goodnight and I will of course tip u and leve an ex rating. Thank you

RobMark :

ok thank you very much i sure appreciate it. and if you have more stuff just try to give me a time and i will be sure to be here for you

Customer:

just send me a link to tip and rate u ok

Robert M., Consultant
Robert M., Consultant