Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

When i press my quickbooks icon it goes down to my bottom bar

then when i press that...
When i press my quickbooks icon it goes down to my bottom bar then when i press that it does not open PLEASE HELP
5/4/2013
Robert M., Consultant
what version of quickbooks and what operating system please ?
Quickbooks 2012
What do you mean by operating system?
windows xp or windows 7 or vista or are you using a macintosh where it would be snow leapord or lion or mtn lion

that sort of thing

Windows 7

open the quickbooks in safe mode by

holding down the ctrl key while double clicking on the quickbooks icon to open it

that should open the quickbooks in safe mode with no company file

go to

file / open company

and browse to my documents and select the file.

If the quickbooks opens but the new company file still wont open

You can try doing a verify and rebuild on it
file / file operations / verify rebuild

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12158

or using the company file diagnostic tool

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12723

If those do not work you need to restore a backup

If the quickbooks will not open even in safe mode you need to reinstall the quickbooks software

QUICKBOOKS CLEAN INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

try doing a clean install with the instructions on this page. It should not effect your data but i always recomend

making sure that you have a good back up and / or a copy of your data file ( it ends .qbw ) in a safe place such as

a flash drive or another folder.

It requires that you have a copy of the quickbooks install cd or download. If you downloaded from intuit you can

get another copy free.

If you purchased from Intuit directly you can download again for 3 years.

For quickbooks go to https://www.intuit.com/login/

click on cart orders downloads

sign in with your intuit id and password. ( usually your email address is the id )

click on downloads and unlocks

That should give you a list of any intuit product that you purchased online within the last 3 years with a download

button.

This page has complete instructions for the uninstall and reinstall INCLUDING a clean install utility that you want

to download and run.

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/HOW12212

Thanks very much I'm not a tech person at all and I could understand your directions.
Many thanks

You are very welcome. If it is working now I would greatly appreciate if you would give me the good or excellent rating as that is what allows me to be paid.

In the future if you want to send a question directly to me you can put "for Robert" in the beginning of the question or you can add the link below to your favorates list and ask through that link

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=23372949&FID=219

Thank you

Robert M., Consultant
Robert M., Consultant