Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

I cant get my Quicken program to respond and don,t have access

Customer Question
I can't get my Quicken...
I can't get my Quicken program to respond and don,t have access to my very important files.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2013
Tech Support Rep: Richard, Financial Specialist replied 4 years ago
Richard, Financial Specialist
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which version of Quicken you are using?

And have you restated the computer?

Thank you

I'm waiting 20 minutes! Are you there? I repeat, the PC has been logged off several times and opened. The Quicken 2010 program was selected for operation and a loading window appeared in use for hours with no response to my files. My PC system was very slow in response, so I enlisted PC Optimizer Pro to clean it up in April. Went on a vacation for three weeks to return to a PC worse off. The Quicken files were slow in coming up and the entries took 3-5 seconds to respond, sometimes more than a minute with my accounts flipping around, prior to not having access.

Hi Frank,

This is the first message I received from you, sorry, something may have gone wrong with the system or your computer.

There appears to be a large amount of corruption on the computer causing this. Tools like PC Optimizer do not really help and I advise uninstalling it.

I then want you to do the following please to remove any corruption in the hard disk or Registry.

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

CC Cleaner

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /f

Press enter.

It will complain the Volume is in use and to run on restart. Say YES and restart the computer

Than Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and tell me please Frank if you are still having the problems.

Thank you

Richard, Financial Specialist