Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

The Quicken file I have been using shows the last date before

Customer Question

The Quicken file I have been using shows the last date before today's date as 12/3/2011.
I can still write and print checks, but I can't see them in the register. I was using Quicken 2012; my files extend back a number of years, probably to 2006. I have purchased the latest version of Quicken---2013---from Office Depot and am trying to install it, but it has frozen in the process of converting the files.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 years ago.
The register is probably just sorted wrong It needs to be sorted by date or it gets horribly messed up ( or at least looks that way ) It is a simple fix. If this does not work there are other possible problems so please just tell me it didnt work and we can work on it further rather than giving me a bad rating. But this works 90% of the time when i get questions like this

-Sorting the register-

Click on the account actions button on the top right

select sort / by date

In older versions that option will be under the view menu

Or there is a title bar on top of the register columns that says what is in the columns underneath it. Clicking on anything in that title bar will sort it on that column

If you click right where it has the actual word "Date" above the date column that will sort it on date. Click once to sort one direction twice to sort the other direction.