Financial Software

Financial Software Questions? Ask IT Support for Answers ASAP

Financial Software

Banking screen froze when I tapped the button to download

Customer Question
transactions. REads: connecting to...
Banking screen froze when I tapped the button to download transactions. REads: connecting to Intuit to retrieve info about your bank." This problem started a month ago and I just tried it again after downloading the newest rendition for Mac thinking that would have fixed this glitch. Well, it didn't. ***@******.***
thanks,
Louise
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Financial Software
2/1/2013
Tech Support Rep: Lindie-mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Lindie-mod
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Financial Software, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Lindie

I waited last night for three hours, then went to bed. I arose to see that there is still no answer adn would very much like to have one. Please help. Thank you, Louise

Tech Support Rep: Lindie-mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Tech Support Rep: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another expert to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,

Tech Support Rep: Richard, Financial Specialist replied 4 years ago
Richard, Financial Specialist
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
I am really sorry about the delay you have had.
Can you tell me which bank you are having Intuit connect to?
And are you using Quicken or Quickbooks? and if so which version?
thank you

I am using Quickbooks for Mac V13.0.12 R13 and just updated this version this past week. I have connected in the past to Capitol One bank prior to this happening. I called the bank and they said it is intuit, not them and I agree. The screen freezes.

Also since the new download, I am unable to send an invoice as an email. Yes, I have Apple email and yes I used to have this capacity just last month. The message from Intuit reads: Email is not support with this version of Quickbooks.

Thanks
Please note we are not Intuit, but we support their products (as they have very low support)
When the screen freezes, does the entire computer freeze? Or can you still use the computer?

I can still use the computer. HOwever I cannot delete that screen because the red close button is absent.

If I double click the header, I can put it aside and still use Quickbooks.

ok, I would like to rule out a corrupted file in Quicken that is causing this.
The upgrade would not fix this.
Can you please backup your data in Quicken and perform a reinstallation?
I would like to rule out the application as being at fault please

I assume that doesn't mean to quit Quicken, then reopen. Do I go find the original disk? If I even have one? How will my date be remembered?

data

ok, your Data is your finance data.
You need to make a backup (you should be doing this reguarly)
Have you made a backup before in quicken?
And how did you initially install Quicken? Via download or a disk?

Since I cannot find the disk, I imagine I downloaded it on line. Yes, I make backups but also recently, my backups do not always open back up properly and I have had to re-input the data. Ever since I began this version I have had problems.

ok, it really sounds like an issue with the Quicken install that is causing this.
Can you go to www.quicken.com
Sign in (top right) and you see the products you have purchased.
Download Quicken from here (you can re-download any purchased products) and use this for the reinstallation please

I signed into Quicken but there is no record of my purchase. Cannot locate the box/disk either. ;( Now what are my options?

Wait, found it on the Quicken site somehow. downloading it now.

OK, I'm reinstalled. But having the same problem with email adn the frozen screen.

The screen reads: connecting to Intuit to retrieve info about your bank"

Is it possible to test with a different bank, or do you only have this one?

only this one.

Can you check that all email addresses in Quickbooks here https://login.intuit.com/
matches the email address stored in the Company Information screen in your QuickBooks data file.
Let me know please

I found the list of emails on the intuit site, but I do not know how to find the QB data file.

It is within QB
Choose QuickBooks Preferences. Then choose My Company. You see it there
Let me know how it goes please

There is no info there.

Can you put in your details there please
Ensure the email address is the same as the online account we just checked please

OK done.

I did this to no avail. the message reads: Property/recNum/Entity/fiAccountSettings is too small.

I need to leave now. will be back on this tomorrow.

This error helps show where the problem is
Can you Right click (control+click) on your online account and edit anything in it, save and try to download your transactions please.
Let me know the results.

Before the computer even connects to the bank, the message "Property/recNum/Entity/fiAccountSettings is too small." appears.

I am frustrated trying to do this, but still trying I am. I just tried to right click anything and everything to no avail. I called the bank and once I have set up with them, I cannot do so again.

I do not see where it is I can edit my online account in any event.

ok, but you cannot right click on your account?

where do I do this?

in your list of online accounts in Quickbooks

There is no right click option for that.

Hold control (on the Keyboard) + click please

Nope, the same list of banks shows up.

click on them, perform an edit and save please

"All accounts at this financial institution are already set up to work with Quickbooks.

understand, but I need you to perform a small edit on them to refresh the data
Can you do this please
this is what I asked you to do the other day but it appears it was not done?

There is no way to edit this page. I called the bank and they say once you are set up, you cannot do it again. and that is also my experience.

I think you are still in the wrong window
You can edit them
I will though opt out
Perhaps another expert has new ideas

Where is the right window then?

OK then, ARe you sending me to another expert?

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Thank you!

Rachel

I would rather go elsewhere for an answer this time. AND I want a refund as well.

Richard, Financial Specialist