Financial Software

I have used Quicken for 5 years for my home checking account.

Out of the blue, I...
Out of the blue, I can't get in to look at it or do any posting. And I can't find any signs of it anywhere.... Read full answer
I have used Quicken for 5 years for my home checking account. Out of the blue, I can't get in to look at it or do any posting. And I can't find any signs of it anywhere.
9/24/2012
bbl242003
bbl242003, Accountant

bbl242003 :

welcome, I will be assisting you in locating your quicken program and re establishing functionality of the program. let me know when your ready to get started?

bbl242003 :

standing by

Customer:

I am ready now. I just "plugged" in my backup and got it to run off of that, but not sure it will stay on the site.

bbl242003 :

welcome back

bbl242003 :

is your quicken program still acting up?

Customer:

yes. It did this before and then 2 days later everything was gone.

bbl242003 :

very strange that everything is gone, do you recall EVER removing the program SINCE it became , missing in action?

Customer:

I have misled you. Not everything is gone. The program comes up but not my checking account.

bbl242003 :

you misled, I'm sure not on purpose

Customer:

when I log into it, it says to choose a file. When I do, that is when my postings are not available

bbl242003 :

how many TOTAL accounts are missing? checking .......

Customer:

Everything concerning my checking account, savings, household, etc

bbl242003 :

1 checking, 1 savings, so 2 total accounts missing?

Customer:

true

Customer:

Projected Cash Flow is what comes up after I choose a file

bbl242003 :

important,

do you KNOW where you were saving any of the LATEST backups of your quicken TO? ie. flash drive, network drive, etc?

Customer:

yes. when I put the flash drive in, I can post to my account, etc. When I take it out I get the choice of what file I want...which leads to nothing of mine/

bbl242003 :

my belief is that we will find some other copies of your LAST WORKING quicken file that had ALL your accounts, OFF of the flashdrive and ON some other location, for example a default saved location on your hard drive

bbl242003 :

Quicken names the data file Qdata by default, but you can save a Quicken file as any name you wish. Usually, Quicken data files are found under C:/Program Files/Quicken/Data, and when you open Quicken, it automatically uses the last data file used.
You can easily find all Quicken data files on your computer by clicking on File, File Operations, Find Quicken Files. From there, you can choose to find all Quicken files, files on a hard drive

Customer:

I'm copying that down....one minute, please.

bbl242003 :

take your time, im here to help you , and as much help as you need!!!

Customer:

So far, so good. It brought up all my accounts. Hopefully that will be every time. Will this work if I lose the files again?

Customer:

And why couldn't I go to backup and put that on. It kept telling me there was a file missing.

Customer:

I have to leave now, I'm sorry. Thanks so much for the help.

bbl242003 :

yes this will work just about every time, kindly provide me with a HAPPY RATING , so I may be compensated for helping you

bbl242003
bbl242003, Accountant
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I can't find the information and therefor cant up grade to
I can't find the information and therefor cant up grade to 2017 … read more
Consultant,
CAn't send my Quicken Bill pay payments in Quicken h& 2014 R
CAn't send my Quicken Bill pay payments in Quicken h&B 2014 R 8 (23.1.0.8??) Or download my bank account info (but I can download my visa charges ) I validated file but still won't send my Bill Paymen… read more
Consultant,
I use Quicken DLX 2012 R7 (21.1.7.18) with Windows 7. Ive
I use Quicken DLX 2012 R7 (21.1.7.18) with Windows 7. I've been trying to simplify my data entry process by going from manual account updates to online. For one investment mutual fund account, I want … read more
Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I want to put my Quicken Deluxe 2012 on another computer. I
I want to put my Quicken Deluxe 2012 on another computer. I don't have a CD How do I do this?… read more
IT Manager,
yesterday (may 6) i added a new checking account to my existing
yesterday (may 6) i added a new checking account to my existing credit union savings/checking account... i want to use the new checking account debit card exclusively on overseas trips. (my total cred… read more
Consultant,
Have been using Quicken 3 for years and have all my records
Have been using Quicken 3 for years and have all my records on it. Had to re-install Windows XP so made a copy of Quidken program and files. When I tried to open Quicken it said there were some progra… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Tax Advisor,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have Quiken 2012 Premier. I am trying to add a credit card
I have Quiken 2012 Premier. I am trying to add a credit card account from USaa Federal Savings bank. I already have several accounts on Quicken from them that work fine, but when I try to add a new ac… read more
Consultant,
my name is XXXXX XXXXX paid for turbotax in jan 2012. order
my name is XXXXX XXXXX paid for turbotax in jan 2012. order # :QSTS05347113960. I can't access the turbotax download page. I have already paid for the service. userID: jlftmf. please help. my e-mail a… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Tax Advisor,
about 1 mont ago my computer crashed twice but I had backed
about 1 mont ago my computer crashed twice but I had backed up my quicken account I was able to redo my account but on my accounts a blue line ran parrell across these accounts and when I typed in mor… read more
Consultant,
i find my quicken progrm on my c drive. i cannot retrieve
i find my quicken progrm on my c drive. i cannot retrieve it to put back so that i use it. how do i do this. somehow the program does not show up anywhere i look. this program has all my husbands busi… read more
Consultant,
i just got the new quicken, i had the quicken 98 . i used the
i just got the new quicken, i had the quicken 98 . i used the budget. i can,t get any of the information. i entered each stock price when i made my purchash each month i would add the new price. i am … read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
Im not sure if this a cell-phone question or a software question
I'm not sure if this a cell-phone question or a software question: I can't get into my Quicken program from my PC. at the office,via the net main program of Quicken because it says my ID is incorrect.… read more
bbl242003
bbl242003
Accountant,
Stop searching for answers—
Out of the blue, all my reports and checks started printing
Out of the blue, all my reports and checks started printing in mirrored fashion, backwards. I checked the print settings, and "mirror printing" is not checked. I can't figure out the problem and canno… read more
Consultant,
I have used Quicken for years and my accounting structure is
I have used Quicken for years and my accounting structure is simple. Non-profit operation with fewer than 70 general ledger accounts. Operating problem that needs solving, revolves around a single che… read more
Consultant,
my order #7197594-180. ive lost my quicken material. i was
my order #7197594-180. i've lost my quicken material. i was making a new listing and every thing (checking, credit card listing, banking ' etc,etc) when blank. i can't get back in quicken. i do not ha… read more
Consultant,
I have a new computer. I need to install quicken. I upgraded
I have a new computer. I need to install quicken. I upgraded Quicken in Feb of this year. I used the upgrade CD sent me. I was emailed an unlock code at that time. I put the disk in and applied the un… read more
Consultant,
I know my 2008 Quicken is not longer being supported, however
I know my 2008 Quicken is not longer being supported, however I am still using it through the end of this year. When I enter a Debit item for July 1st, instead of it printing right after a June 30th D… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
Im running Quicken 2007 Basic on Windows Vista. This is the
I'm running Quicken 2007 Basic on Windows Vista. This is the second time my file has reverted back to an earlier date and we have lost all the data. I thought the problem was my 16yr old not backing u… read more
Consultant,