Financial Software

I entered program Quicken Rental Property Manager for 2011,

last summer, but due to...
last summer, but due to health problems was unable to finish and use. Is there a way to erase all the entry's and start this year Jan. 1, 2012? I need to start from the beginning.

Thank you.
Betty Preyer... Read full answer
I entered program Quicken Rental Property Manager for 2011, last summer, but due to health problems was unable to finish and use. Is there a way to erase all the entry's and start this year Jan. 1, 2012? I need to start from the beginning.

Thank you.
Betty Preyer
8/14/2012
bbl242003
bbl242003, Accountant

bbl242003 :

Welcome to just answer

bbl242003 :

we will need to decide if your needing to start completely over, or just making some changes to existing rent accounts so that you can start from fresh

bbl242003 :

I would recommend to simply open new rent accounts

bbl242003 :

for example

bbl242003 :

You will need to perform a file backup before you start. This will protect you in the event you want to rescue older renter information, keep in mind the below is IF YOU WANT TO EDIT current rental files and tenants without having to start from fresh,

Working from the top most portion, you will want to verify and
* Check your property information and Tag. and make needed changes
* Check your tenant information., if the tenant has changed, then make changes
* The tenant should be linked to the correct property (Tag).
* CHANGE MOVE IN AND OUT DATES, so the rent center knows when a property is vacant or occupied. You should enter the correct monthly rate and terms. You may be able to fix the vacant months by just entering the previous tenant's move out date.
* Enter the current tenant's information including move in date and correct rate.
* Delete the incorrect rents from the register, to remove older transactions from the database etc.

bbl242003 :

*EACH year the rent amount changes, so that is something important to follow up on

bbl242003 :

*a lot of times, the tenant name stays the same, but the rental location address changes,

bbl242003 :

*if you know that a lot of the tenants still exist, it would save you alot of work with NOT starting from scratch, and if there has been alot of tenant departures, then it would be a great idea to start from scratch, either way, im here to assist you

bbl242003 :

to respond to me, enter text below, then hit the REPLY key one time

Customer:

. I wondered about doing that, making new accounts but how do I get all the old figures from the books. In otherwords, I need to do the banks, check's, billing accounts to all start Jan. 1, 2012. It would be very dificult for me to reconcile the figures. does that make sense? I have kept books for a long time, but never in the last 50 years started from scratch, always has another person to do that & end of the year for me. Sorry, as you can tell not very computer literate. We sold some property last year, so can eliminate some, but really always just used my check book on the rentals, end of year was torture for me and accountant.
So am working on getting it straight as she is getting old and so am I. Does this make sense, also would apreciate it on the e-mail, it helps me to read it over. Thanks

bbl242003 :

you will have access to all the info provided thru an email link that you will get from me

bbl242003 :

I recommend that we delete any of the sold properties first

bbl242003 :

once those are deleted, we can try to reconcile as it sounds like its been a year or more since the last reconciliation

bbl242003 :

let me know if you need a step by step to delete any sold property accounts

Customer:

That is true, so I now have the end of year taxes done, both personal, which includes 2 rentals, several pieces of property's, plus a small resort, (hoping for sale soon). The resort was separate taxes, but I can do it as a rental. So would like to start fresh. Right now, my husband is in a nursing home w/stroke, my children are helping me get things straight. I am really determined to get this done. My daughter started this last summer, I did not keep it up.

bbl242003 :

thru deleting the older properties, reconcile, and most of your current tax information will be ready for a LATE year file in case you have not filed yet

bbl242003 :

I hope the husband is feeling better! I had a stroke several years ago , as related to my military service

Customer:

He is on a plateau, can walk with walker, talks, but gets confused, eats ok, in the beginning, he couldn't do any. He had rheumatic fever, (200 others at the same time) in 1943 when he was in the air force. Did ok til the last few years. They are taking care of him now. Thanks for asking.

bbl242003 :

your very welcome

Customer:

I pushed the wrong button, but have already filed the 2011, just finished personal this past week. That is why, decided I better get with it. I have several things that need to be done to my computer, so will be a week or so, I appreciate your telling me and think I can get ready. Can I call you again later?

bbl242003 :

yes, you can respond

bbl242003 :

to me at any time

bbl242003 :

using the emails im sending you , WITHOUT placing additional deposits

bbl242003 :

I look forward to assisting you further if need be.

Customer:

Just use the reply on the e-mail? Thank you so much!

bbl242003 :

yes, that is all you will need to do, IF YOUR SATISIFIED with your service thus far, kindly provide me with a HAPPY RATING, thank you for visiting today!

bbl242003
bbl242003, Accountant
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
This question is about my Quicken Property Mgmt 2014
This question is about my Quicken Property Mgmt 2014 program. Can you help me with this? … read more
Consultant,
I recently bought a new Apple desk top computer and had my
I recently bought a new Apple desk top computer and had my old Quicken 2007 (which ran on boot camp) transferred. Some of the accounts transferred correctly, but one had only about a dozen entries and… read more
Consultant,
I had used quicken until late 2007 in the past but switched
I had used quicken until late 2007 in the past but switched to Quickbooks. Now I have upgraded quicken again and want to use it now. How do I get my 2007 balance off my quicken 2013? pat… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Tax Advisor,
Stop searching for answers—
Cannot update my accounts as of 7/3/2012. Get a error msg CC503,
Cannot update my accounts as of 7/3/2012. Get a error msg CC503, have been user for over 10 years first occurance. BG… read more
Consultant,
I recently purchased quicken essentials and I wanted to set
I recently purchased quicken essentials and I wanted to set up investment account for 2012 for a particular mutual fund. the only instructions that are given in "help" was to go select bank or brokera… read more
Consultant,
I started working for my in-laws company Jan 1 of 2011 in
I started working for my in-laws company Jan 1 of 2011 in which my wife has over 2% ownership. Due to our marriage, my benefits are taxable. I am a W2 employee but am trying to figure out how to enter… read more
jgordosea
jgordosea
Enrolled Agent,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I down loaded Quicken 2012 and now it has erased 2010 and not
I down loaded Quicken 2012 and now it has erased 2010 and not downloaded 2012. ID XXXXXXXXXX, order number XXXXXXXXXXXXX40989.9231767014… read more
Consultant,
I downloaded and installed quicken 2012, set up my accounts,
I downloaded and installed quicken 2012, set up my accounts, checked the balances and closed quicken. When I tried later to open quicken the system denied entry saying it did not recognize my password… read more
Consultant,
I keep getting an error when I put in my car because I do not
I keep getting an error when I put in my car because I do not know the mileage used for my rental. So I took it off. It will not let me go any further. It keeps making me go back. Help.… read more
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
Chief Software Trainer and President,
From Ron Jones XXX-XXX-XXXX Email:[email protected] (1) Ive
From Ron Jones XXX-XXX-XXXX Email:[email protected] (1) I've had quicken since 1991 to end of 2011 (20 years) I've always purchased a new Qck version every 2 years to stay up to date. As one would know a… read more
I am using Quichen 11 Premier and purchased Quicken Rental
I am using Quichen 11 Premier and purchased Quicken Rental Property Manager 2011 on April 17 of 2011. We up graded to Windows 7 with in the last couple months. In doing so we removed the programs. I h… read more
Consultant,
i find my quicken progrm on my c drive. i cannot retrieve
i find my quicken progrm on my c drive. i cannot retrieve it to put back so that i use it. how do i do this. somehow the program does not show up anywhere i look. this program has all my husbands busi… read more
Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I purchased quicken 2011 on a download, but can not seem to
I purchased quicken 2011 on a download, but can not seem to match my ID and PW with that purchase. I just purchased a new computer, they loaded the data,but not the program and I need the download one… read more
Consultant,
I have lost or misplaced my 2010 Quicken version which is the
I have lost or misplaced my 2010 Quicken version which is the rental property version. I had used quicken basic or next step up in the past, and have not used any of the functions of property rental t… read more
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
Chief Software Trainer and President,
I am unable to start my Quicken Premier 2011 program. I keep
I am unable to start my Quicken Premier 2011 program. I keep getting the error code 7524 when I start it. This has just started occuring in the last week or so. Please let me know what I need to do. I… read more
Consultant,
When I opened Quicken Rental Property Manager to begin my annual
When I opened Quicken Rental Property Manager to begin my annual tax prepa data entry, all fo thedata I entered through April of last year was gone. Do you know how I might be able to recover it?… read more
ShawnA
ShawnA
CEO,
I am having trouble with the balances on my Quiken accounts.
I am having trouble with the balances on my Quiken accounts. My balances were right when I finished my entries but when I went back in they are not the same. I went clear back to 1/1/2010 on my entrie… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
I have several files in Quicken 2000 & have been using for
I have several files in Quicken 2000 & have been using for years. While inputting check in the only one with password, I could not enter the information once the information had been typed. I closed t… read more
Consultant,