Financial Software

I tried to export changes from my accountants copy to a flashdrive…

I tried to export changes...
I tried to export changes from my accountants copy to a flashdrive for my client. keep getting error code 00000 42064. does this mean ND file is corrupt? can I delete the ND file and start export over?... Read full answer
I tried to export changes from my accountants copy to a flashdrive for my client. keep getting error code 00000 42064. does this mean ND file is corrupt? can I delete the ND file and start export over?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/11/2012
bbl242003
bbl242003, Accountant

bbl242003 :

welcome to Just Answer, do you get the error immediately when transferring the file to the thumb drive, or BEFORE?

bbl242003 :

you may respond to me by typing in some text below, and pressing the reply key one time

Customer:

I was able to pull up the changes and print them, I think the error was when trying to transfer to thumb drive.

Customer:

no sorry, the error was transferring from thumb drive to customer's computer

bbl242003 :

when the thumb drive was moved over to the customers computer, they plugged the drive in and tried to import the copy, then the error appeared, is that accurate?

Customer:

yes we were able to view the changes on the screen but got an error when we tried to "incorporate changes"

bbl242003 :

if you recieved the ERROR immediately when trying to incorporate changes, then the file on the thumb drive is corrupt, the fastest way to fix this, is to create the copy once more, you also have the option to repair the file , but before I stick my foot in my mount, what version of quickbooks are you using?

bbl242003 :

correction "mouth" what version of quickbooks are you using?

Customer:

QB accountant 2011

bbl242003 :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX back with more info

Customer:

the first time we tried this, my computer didn't have QB R11 update installed. I updated QB and tried the transfer process again, still got error when we tried to incorporate changes.

bbl242003 :

thanks for the info

bbl242003 :

lets try to Copy the data file from the flash drive to the desktop & then place it in a folder, prefer folder that has all your other quickbooks files in it on the customer computer , take your time, after you have it copied into that folder, access that file from within quickbooks , and

bbl242003 :

In QuickBooks go to File > Open or Restore point it to the file that we just copied into a specific folder

bbl242003 :

respond when ready

Customer:

ok are you saying copy the file to the customer's computer desktop, then open quickbooks on customer's computer and try to restore the file? rather than transferring from the flash drive straight to QB? I don't have customer's computer today, she will be back Tuesday.

bbl242003 :

yes that is correct

bbl242003 :

I would recommend to make a new backup onto the thumb drive if you can, that way when we test and import the file tuesday, we can eliminate a Corrupt file as a possible cause to a continued error

bbl242003 :

PLEASE DO NOT leave me an UNHAPPY rating as I do not work for quickbooks! I will continue to support you until this is resolved. Do not place additional deposits, as your locked into me until I fix this for you!!

bbl242003 :

if we find that the error continues, even after you have created a new backup file onto the thumb drive for the customer, then we know that the issue is the customers copy of quickbooks, that would be the perfect time, to respond to one of the emails that I have sent you , so that I can assist you in repairing the customers copy of quickbooks! again without placing additional deposits

bbl242003 :

let me know if you have more questions for me

bbl242003 :

Customer:

ok thanks. I was able to transfer part of the changes from my laptop, there's about 100 changes on the desktop QB file that are not on the laptop, therefore didn't get transferred to customer. but I have all the changes printed out, so I can enter them manually if necessary. so I'm pretty sure the file from desktop was corrupted. just trying to find out what I did wrong so I doesn't happen again. or if it does, what can be done to fix it. I'll get back w/you Tuesday. is there a way to print this?

bbl242003 :

you can access this info ANYTIME in the future with no need to print it, just use this link from any computer that has an internet connection http://www.justanswer.com/accounting-software/70mmi-tried-export-changes-accountants-copy-flashdrive.html

bbl242003 :

let me know if you have anymore questions for me, I would be happy to continue answering those for you

Customer:

any idea why the file was corrupted?

bbl242003 :

LOTS of reasons why, thumb drives are made cheaper now than ever before, that often results in easily corrupt files, OR, when you made the backup onto the thumb drive from your computer for the customer, it only made a partial file, and not the entire needed file for it to open correctly. Why? very likely because computers are not error free, and if the computer is working on other tasks in the back ground when your creating the backup file for the customers, it increases the likelihood of file error when attempting to access that file on different computers. In other cases, it can be a situation where the thumb drive needs a simple SCANDISK command performed on it to fix the thumb drive file structure but I have no reason to suspect that at this point, ANOTHER major file is with the thumb drives, is data is easily corrupted when the thumb drive comes close to or in contact with electromagnetic devices, cell phones, radios etc. Technology is a crazy word that has opened a lot of new issue for us.

bbl242003 :

correction crazy world

bbl242003 :

IF YOUR QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED and your SATISFIED, KINDLY provide me a happy rating, you may respond to me TUESDAY, even after leaving me a happy rating! Thank you for using just answer today!!!

Customer:

ok thanks I'll get back to you Tuesday

bbl242003
bbl242003, Accountant
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
When I try to switch on QuickBooks it comes up with error
Hi, when I try to switch on QuickBooks it comes up with error code 00000 00000 and closes down. Can you help … read more
IT Manager,
I have been using using Quicken 2007 for over 20 years. My
I have been using using Quicken 2007 for over 20 years. My Quicken data file goes back more than 20 years. I use Categories & Classes extensively. Recently my Class file developed a problem and the pr… read more
Consultant,
I purchased a Turbo Tax standard 2012 earlier this year and
I purchased a Turbo Tax standard 2012 earlier this year and did one return two weeks ago but I just saved it and now when I go back to start another return all I get is a warning that I have encounter… read more
cvd4311
cvd4311
Computer Analyst,
Stop searching for answers—
I went to reconcile my bank account and the starting balance
I went to reconcile my bank account and the starting balance was incorrect. I know that the previous ending balance was correct. This error has happened a few times before, and each time I unreconcile… read more
IT Manager,
currently I have quicken 2004; I have a laptop with XP and
currently I have quicken 2004; I have a laptop with XP and a PC with Windows 7. I want to export my data from Q2004 to either of these computers. How can this be achieved?… read more
CPALand
CPALand
Controller,
I exported Marchs Payroll and Tax files for 2012. when i
I exported March's Payroll and Tax files for 2012. when i tried to import them into QB, I get the error "error on line 18. you cannot change the type of file." i checked and did it again; naming the f… read more
Consultant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I upgraded version 10 to version 12 and I can not verfiy my
I upgraded version 10 to version 12 and I can not verfiy my comapny data. I have tried the rebuild utilities and the other quick book file diagnostic tool. Can some one check my comapny file and see i… read more
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
Chief Software Trainer and President,
I have entities that have asset budgets that repeat year over
I have entities that have asset budgets that repeat year over year and sometimes have a carry forward budget from prior year, is there a way to copy a budget both expense and asset in QB without havin… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
I just attached an external harddrive to backup my Quickbooks
I just attached an external harddrive to backup my Quickbooks (pro 2009) and am getting error messages -6144 -82 Help!… read more
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
Tax Advisor,
Unable to update or back up due to corrupt invoice(s). Cant
Unable to update or back up due to corrupt invoice(s). Can't delete the offending invoice. Can we get into the database itself and delete? Thanks. Al… read more
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
DrQuickBooksnQuicken
Chief Software Trainer and President,
I am unable to get my Quicken 2010 Personal Plus program to
I am unable to get my Quicken 2010 Personal Plus program to back-up properly. Whilst it seems to upgrade & back-up my direct ASX share portfolio it eliminates my manually updated market values for oth… read more
Consultant,
I have quickbooks pro 2008 and started a new company. Entered
I have quickbooks pro 2008 and started a new company. Entered the chart of accounts which was fine. Exported vendor list from the old company. When I went to imoprt the vendor list to the new company … read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I tried to log into Quickbooks and got the following error
I tried to log into Quickbooks and got the following error code; (-6129,0). Please let me know what steps I need to take. Thank you. Conrad Mueller… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
I reinstalled QB Premier 2007 on my laptop which went ok. Then
I reinstalled QB Premier 2007 on my laptop which went ok. Then applied all current updates. Then I made a backup copy from old machine to a flash drive. On laptop I restored data file from flash drive… read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
Quickbooks will not open even though the admnin has not deselected
Quickbooks will not open even though the admnin has not deselected anyones PC from participating. we've had to shut down entire group (4 computers) numerous occasions and that gets us somehow able to … read more
Bridget Martin
Bridget Martin
Consultant,
I have Quicken 2009 Deluxe Release R7. I have two separate
I have Quicken 2009 Deluxe Release R7. I have two separate files (check registers) that I am maintaining. One of the files, A, works fine. The other file won't open immediately after opening Quicken. … read more
Consultant,
Hi, my quicken 2010 file was corrupted after updating quicken
Hi, my quicken 2010 file was corrupted after updating quicken when prompted to do in 02/2010. I immediately followed the help instructions including checking the integrity of the file, but...: I can r… read more
Consultant,
I have Quicken 2000 and want to copy some transactions from
I have Quicken 2000 and want to copy some transactions from one account to another. How do I do that?… read more